[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peer-to-peer Lending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (10 KB, 440x165) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10 KB, 440x165
Just opened a Lending Club account with a few hundred bucks.
Heard many good things about LC. Any tips to cut the chance of loss? Probably going to stick with investing in A/B notes.
>>
Seems like an easy way to lose your money. What is the appeal? Are they somehow securing these loans or something.
>>
>>1018850
The key when starting out is to diversify by buying as many notes at the minimum investment ($25). This helps in case one or two of your notes you invested in default.

Also I've been on LC since 2009 when I discovered it. I am earning an average annual return of 7.24% before taxes, which I am satisfied with. I invest in mostly A and B rated notes with lenders having good credit history. Also you can write off any default notes on your taxes as capital losses in case you are worried about that.
>>
>>1019757
I don't use this sorcery but this seems sound. 7.24% is a pretty decent average annualized return, depending on the level of risk you're taking on (I'm guessing not as high since A/B notes sounds safe ish?).
What's your default rate ?
>>
>>1018850
I'm already using Mintos and considering Twino as well.
Both of them have buy back guarantee.

I was thinking about Bondora as well, but found some very bad reviews.
>>
I've used them I do primarily the MMM strategy.
D grade refinancing.
I Check the job title Fico score and time since last delinquency.

3 years averaging 10% adjusted for loss.
21 loans 3 chargoffs looking like 4.

You want to increase the number of notes to smooth out your risk.

In D grade notes at 16% apr You need $1875 to add 1 loan/month b/c piecewise not normal.

$25/(.16/12)=1875
>>
>>1019757
I've heard that you lose most of your gains from capital gains. Any comment?
>>
>>1018850
Britbong here. Used Funding Circle for about 15 months now. Yielding about 9.8% at the moment, but expect 7 after tax and bad debt. Not bad if you diversify, and you lend to business with credit scrores, not people.
>>
>>1020106
Pic is my account. Have had a few bad loans but they're all director guaranteed so they're having to pay it off with their own assets. Despite losses, much better than a bank account.

They also operate in the USA and three Euro countries.
>>
>>1019762
A and B loans are the highest rated notes where you're lending money out to people with good income history and above average credit history. My default rate is around 2%. I try to only loan my money out to people with a 775 FICO score or higher with ample income to pay their loan back.
>>
>>1019856
My gains far outweigh my losses, hence the 7%+ annual return I am earning. I'm not becoming a millionaire but it's a fun thing to do with $10k I had laying around earning nearly nothing.
>>
What could happen if an investor does not meet the minimum requirements?

> 70k gross income + 70k net worth (assets)
> 250k net worth
>>
Just buy equities. Similar LT returns and less downside when the economy turns since an actual company is backing the security, rather than unsecured consumer loan refinancings...
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.