[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna keep this short. > Got a master degree in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wagekuck.jpg (303 KB, 2307x1581) Image search: [Google]
wagekuck.jpg
303 KB, 2307x1581
I'm gonna keep this short.

> Got a master degree in economics and am currently getting a master in taxation.

> After some tests and job interviews I was offered a job at pic related.

> Corporate taxation with a focus on international taxation

My question is, are big4's really that bad? Is the wage that fucked up as a junior because of the hours you put in?

I'm having serious doubts about this since I might be better off working at a smaller firm where I make a little bit less,
but have more time to actually put the money to good use i.e. keeping an eye on my investments.

Thanks /biz/
>>
>I might be better off working at a smaller firm where I make a little bit less

If you don't have Big 4 experience, your degree is somewhat limited, but if you put up with it for a year or two you'll be set and can basically do whatever you might imagine from that point on.
>>
>>1018799

The advantage of a big four company is getting a well known company on your resume and (if presented) getting experience with the choosen field fast.

Yes they pay poorly compared to the hours, also you have problems with maintaining a social life besides work.

That's why you see many people leave after 2-5 years. Then they have a proven record and can swith to comfy jobs with higer salary.
>>
>>1018814
What this guy said. My roommate works at PwC (audit) and I dated a girl who did tax at Deloitte. It sucks your first few years, but if you stick it out, you will easily be able to secure six figures within 5 years, either internally or externally.
>>
>>1018812
>>1018814
>>1018834

Ok so bascially I should see this as an investment in my carreer?

Thanks for the help guys. I'll just take the job and see what happens from there.
>>
I studied tax law. And the big four are often seen as a learning school. It will help your later career.
>>
>>1018799
>> After some tests and job interviews I was offered a job at pic related.
How the fuck did you get this? I was under the impression that the Big 4 is almost impossible to get into, since they're taking people from any fucking degree background and they're advertising on the campus of pretty much any good uni, meaning that most graduates are going to be applying to them, and generally have financial jobs on their mind. PwC even gets rated as the 'best graduate employer'.
>>
>tfw shit GPA
No intern this summer, now even lower chances for a job next year.
>>
>>1018799

Former E&Y here, got a 6 month placement and a job offer during my gap year before college

after about 2 weeks of it i wanted to fucking kill myself. literally thought if this is the next 30+ years of my life just get it over with now.

Went off to college consciously avoiding those gigs. now a public sector fag with many shekels

The extra time to dedicate to yourself and your business/shares is paramount IMO. You'll be doing the same work anyway, you just won't have a fucking saddle on your back
>>
>>1018799
the part you should really worried about is selling your soul
>>
File: kpmg.jpg (204 KB, 1535x709) Image search: [Google]
kpmg.jpg
204 KB, 1535x709
>>1018799
In what country do you live?

What do you want to do in the future?

Big Four pays poorly, but because it's so intensive it's really a big plus in your CV. Depending on your task you also get a lot of face time with clients who might hire you if they feel you're a good guy. It's especially common in audit and advisory.

t. I'm doing an internship for KPMG Deal Advisory and I've previously done an internship for EY Audit.
>>
>>1019248
>Hiring your auditor
Thats a slippery slope to Arthur Andersen town.

Population: 0

Advisory makes more sense though. Deloittefag here, everyone really exaggerates in terms of hours, honestly the biggest plus is that you aren't working with a bunch of *complete* idiots. If you're complaining about your hours you're either a bitch, or not doing a job you enjoy. Pay is aight. Idgaf it's my first job so I'm happy enough.
>>
>>1019252
It happens all the time. Usually those getting hired are more junior people, so it's not like there was any "give us an unqualified report and we'll hire you" going on.

Also auditors do more than just financial statement audits. Things that are more akin to some kind of consulting.

>>1019252
Another plus in my opinion is that the people working there are kind of young. You don't have to work with old shits who can't open their fucking excel. At KPMG where I work the average age under 40. Not too unusual in consulting and M&A, but most normal firm finance/accounting departments tend to be full of 50 year old women.
>>
Best way to view the big 4 is the resume value later and the exponential value your time there provides.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.