[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this accurate, /biz/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: How stocks work.jpg (51 KB, 467x438) Image search: [Google]
How stocks work.jpg
51 KB, 467x438
Is this accurate, /biz/?
>>
you do realize stocks represent something that is tangible, right? In particular, company's assets.
>>
>>1018758
Trolled hard
>>
>>1018758
You do realize that thinking of stocks primarily as representing the company's assets is naive and wrong, right?

>earnings, not assets
>>
>>1018757

Stock values represent the performance of a company.

You really need to leave and read a Grade 10 high school book about basic concepts.
>>
File: student loan meme.png (188 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
student loan meme.png
188 KB, 640x360
>>1018758
>>
>>1018761
>>1018763
you do realize that a stock's price reflects both the company's value (assets) as well as its expected future performance?
>>
>>1018787
Hmmm, I'm looking really, really hard at the CAPM and DCF models for that "asset value" variable but I'm not seeing it. Surely you're not a retarded moron?
>>
>>1018763
Ricky even got his grade ten.
>>
Stocks don't represent anything tangible. They're only worth as much as you can sell them, or from how much dividends you get from them.

You can't buy $300 in shares and go to the latest bank branch and ask for all of their pens. Hell, most investor-grade stock doesn't even have voting privileges.
>>
>>1018757
Tim's buys his prices from China, mine are real, American made!
>>
>>1018803
A company uses assets to produce earnings
An analyst uses earnings to produce valuation
Fin101 man
>>
>>1018758
Its the general populations idea of the companies worth. Thats all. Its nothing but the value of opinions.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.