[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be 24 year old fuck up who's been sorting his shit out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
>Be 24 year old fuck up who's been sorting his shit out the past year and a half
>Stepping up my stale freelance business in 2016
>Things looking good, including getting a place with my gf

>Been gradually getting better at my finances
>But only small steps as i've had some emotional shit that was previously tying me down and causing me to fuck it up.
>Emotional shit sorted out. Time to improve finances further.

Got £2k for Christmas from my Dad.

I don't want to spend it, but wondering if there are any better options than putting it in an ISA? What would you recommend?

>in b4 buy a gun and kill yourself
>>
File: tumblr_n75s2cB1up1r71kyto4_250.gif (351 KB, 160x165) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n75s2cB1up1r71kyto4_250.gif
351 KB, 160x165
Well where you put it depends on the rest of your situation.

You're a freelancer so you have irregular income.
People with irregular income need an income buffer account on top of a 1k emergency fund.
Generally it should be 6 months of expenses. On top of your regular 6 months/ expense savings.

2 grand isn't shit in the grand scheme of things. and when you upgrade to real adult class investments with serious volatility you'll be glad you have those savings.

Check out Ramit's IWTY2BR for mechanics.
http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p
>>
>>1018554
Yep, that 2k should be a good starting buffer for life's problems
>>
>>1018456
Help to Buy ISA is good.
4% interest and 25% bonus if you're going to buy a house in the next 15 years.

It makes no sense NOT to have one. Go with Halifax
>>
>>1018559
Also you can take it out whenever and the mad 4% is yours regardless.
>>
>>1018554
As it stands, my current state with freelance is very irregular. I've moved back to my parents to try and save money and start ramping up the workload to try and make it more regular.

Great advice though because if I can establish the buffer and emergency fund etc etc, I should be well on the way to sorting myself out.

Thanks for the links too, downloading now...

>>1018559
>>1018564
I'm glad I asked because I was just considering the bog standard 2.5% ISA, I didn't realise the Help to Buy option was as viable as this.
>>
From UK? I have some i a JP Morgan midcap. But I might change to some of their other stuff. They see. Pretty reliable so far, although the market may drop it's arse in the next 6 months.
>>
Also the government is about to sell off all their Lloyds TSB shares.
>>
>>1018975
Where's a good place to start in stocks/shares?

My dad has a bunch, but he keeps telling me it's a waste of time. But people obviously make it work for them. Any advice?
>>
>>1018975
And yeah, from the UK.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.