[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What bank does /biz/ use? >Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: bank_of_america.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bank_of_america.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
What bank does /biz/ use?

>Pic related
>>
>>1018449
Chase
>>
>>1018493

College grad. Thinking about switching banks. What made you choose chase?
>>
>>1018449
Santander. Extra20 Checking is great for entry level people who can set up direct deposit, it's essentially a no-fees checking+saving that gives you a free $240 annually. The interest rates are beyond awful (0.03%) but you can open a second savings account with 0.6% (not too shitty by current US standards) and move everything to that one every month.

Essentially, it's good for people who are making money but haven't made a large amount yet. I'd recommend it for most people 23-35.
>>
Use a local credit union. They're known for providing better service, and better credit rates. You also won't run into a ton of fees.
>>
>>1018449
Fuck BoA. Literally the worst bank
>>
>paying a company to watch your money
>paying a company to use your money
If you don't have a safe in your home, I feel bad for you son.

I got 99 problems but a charge fee aint one.
>>
>>1018545
see >>1018523

>Not having someone else pay you to be allowed to safeguard your money (with free insurance)
>>
Had a cd with Banco popular, great interest, but closed it on renewal

Commerce bank, now td bank
Chase
Capital one
>>
local credit union here. They have low interest rates and basically no fees, but there's very little convenience should I require an atm and their credit cards don't really have any good rewards programs.
>>
Yeah, if you're not with a local credit union you're getting fucked.
>>
I'm pretty pissed at BofA right now. I have been a customer with them for 10 years. I just use them as my national bank so I can always access my ATM checking funds.

Recently, I moved up to a rural part of Western Washington. I've only been here a year and will probably leave in the next year or two. Nonetheless, BofA sold off all their locations on the Olympic Peninsula to a local western WA bank. They sold my account too...

I'm so angry. The only point of that account is to have national banking access. There will still be tens of thousands of BofA's in the US. I started my account 10 years ago and will probably stay less than 5 years, yet they sold off my account. They didn't even give me the choice. I was just leverage in their negotiations with the new bank.
>>
File: simple_logo_detail.gif (14 KB, 574x200) Image search: [Google]
simple_logo_detail.gif
14 KB, 574x200
Pretty happy with it. Great app and online service, and enough ATMs to get cash easily
>>
I use a cash management account from a discount brokerage/mutual fund company (happens to be my employer). Works just like normal bank except there are no branches. This sounds bad but really the only drawback is not being able to withdrawal or deposit cash. Phone app deposits checks and I can use any ATM worldwide with no bank fees and the atm's fees rebated immediately, unlimited (which is several hundred dollars per year for me). Free checks, free atm/debit card, free billpay. That's for everyone, not just employees. Won't name my employer but I know Charles Schwab has similar product. I pair this with the same branded rewards AMEX that rebates 2 percent back into this account.

If I need branch services (should I want to take several thousand dollars on vacation, need a cashier's check, etc) I can go open a one hundred dollar savings account at the bank on the corner and link it.
>>
>>1018527
in my country, they're known for shady business practices
>>
>>1018449
Oh bank of America filed patents on Bitcoin technology
>>
>>1018449
Barclays
>>
>>1018545

Some things in life can't be paid in cash though.

And you have to keep track of money spent and money earned yourself.

I did that for a while too, but life is just easier with a bank.
>>
>>1018510
They're everywhere. That's about it. I'm sure BofA is much the same.
>>
>>1018449

I use BB&T. They are popular in the southeast, and the employees are always nice.

only thing that annoys me is that if your balance goes below $1,500, you get a monthly fee of like $12.
>>
>>1018542
Why?
>>
Chase
>>
For checking, Charles Schwab. No fees, no minimums, and I get reimbursed for all atm fees. For savings, Ally. No fees, no minimums, and 1.00% APY.
>>
>>1018449
Chase and Schwab, but thinking about moving everything over to Schwab. Like >>1018877 said, no fees and no minimums.
>>
>>1018527

They're also local. It's good to keep a small savings in a bank just in case you ever go on vacation, travel, etc. I still keep most of my savings in a credit union where I grew up even though I'm 2 1/2 hours from the closest location. Good think online banking exists.
>>
>>1018449
BoA
Wells Fargo
TD Ameritrade
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.