[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1451428245023.jpg (19 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451428245023.jpg
19 KB, 500x375
Could someone walk me through the steps to owning a word? I'd like to start releasing art, music and other content under a certain name, and it's already registered on a few sites. It doesn't seem to be in much use though, and definitely not by anyone famous or anything, so I plan to trademark and copyright it. What else do I have to do? I want to own all the rights to this name and be able to use it any way I please. And no, I'm not going to tell you what it is.
>>
>>1018342
>Step 1: Go here: http://www.uspto.gov/
>Step 2: Throw money at the government
>Step 3: Receive trademark
>>
File: 2015-12-30_0927.png (8 KB, 174x81) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_0927.png
8 KB, 174x81
>>1018343

Is that really it, though? After I own the name, can a huge corporation just fuck me over and use it because they're powerful?
>>
>>1018391
No, but it costs $375 to try and trademark it, and you need proof that you'd be using it for proper purposes. The government then reviews your case and approves or denies your application. They keep the $375 if they deny you, to pay them for their time spent.
>>
File: 1437363889865.jpg (73 KB, 800x510) Image search: [Google]
1437363889865.jpg
73 KB, 800x510
>>1018391

I assume not, but you never know. I'm going to talk to real lawyers and stuff, I'd just figured I'd ask on 4chan.
>>
>>1018402

Ah that's cool, it actually makes me feel more secure about it. Obviously this name is important to me, haha. T
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.