[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College undergrad opportunity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: networking-e1359032815404.jpg (46 KB, 545x388) Image search: [Google]
networking-e1359032815404.jpg
46 KB, 545x388
How can I take advantage in college to have great connections and opportunities open for me? Basically to make most out of it? Is joining a business fraternity a good idea? Clubs? Etc. Any advice on anything is appreciated.
>>
Go to your professors office hours whenever possible. It makes you stick out from the crowd and you will meet other like minded people. When one of your professors industry buddies needs to full a position there is a good chance hell offer it to you.
>>
go to as many parties as possible and be 'that guy'
>>
>>1018161

Go to events, do extra credit in classes you're interested in, and generally be a sociable and likable fellow.

You don't have to be 'fake' to make it in college; just be a nice and hardworking person.

If you do have to fake those things, then fake them.
>>
its as simple as maintaining positive relationships with as many people as possible. definitely join as many clubs and societies as you can and try and talk to everybody. invite people to things. dont let relationships deteriorate just because you don't see that person anymore; it costs you very little to catchup with a former classmate on facebook and it could payoff greatly later.

if you have to ask about this kind of thing, the challenge will be seeming natural. people can tell if you're trying to use them or if something seems off, so try and approach them as if you're making a real friendship rather than just another body to add to your network.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.