[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (949 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
949 KB, 640x1136
How's the market for management information systems? Should I go into the field?
>>
>>1017304
what is management information systems?
>>
>>1017304
My wife is having this same problem.
>>
>>1017386
What's she thinking?
>>
File: 1451262100153.jpg (29 KB, 299x324) Image search: [Google]
1451262100153.jpg
29 KB, 299x324
That's a meme major in the business school and engineering school... You're better off with a double major with basic business admin and CS.
[Assuming you get employed with a MIS degree] your company will teach you the IT framework and how to use it. With the aforementioned double major, not only are you capable of doing what I just mentioned but you're much more qualified to do a lot more things. Gotta be a marketable candidate.
>>
>>1017458
MIS is CS light only if you treat it that way. Business analysis, systems administration, consulting, and IT project management may be better served by an MIS degree. Sure, the plan "just double major at a ivy league school while getting tons of internships and open source projects" is an alternative plan, but let's stay realistic here.
>>
Information systems is pretty solid, particularly at the MBA level. But getting a slot at a top school can be competitive.
>>
>>1017304

MIS, like any other business major, should only be pursued if you go to a school with a good alumni network to work off of or one with solid direct connections with companies. That will your best way to get an entry level position right after college. The hiring manager from your school is more likely to hire you than the guy from Rival Bumfuck University which could be more prestigious. Gotta leverage everything you can.
>>
File: o3xrXqB_1_.gif (857 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
o3xrXqB_1_.gif
857 KB, 240x228
>>1017304
I study at UoA.
It is the 4th ranking university for MIS in USA.
I'm doing my Masters in CS and I had to pick an elective, so, I chose an MIS course.

I got an easy as fuck A but I felt like I actually lost a few IQ points.

The course was supposed to be a "core" course.

I still can't believe the branch exists and people are retarded enough to pay for it
>>
>>1017453
She wants to do something very specific but didn't receive the training needed to branch out on her own and the field itself is pretty small.
>>
Part time employmed 8 months out of college. Didn't network right and am basically a spastic sperg.

MIS is a meme degree and I am a complete fuck up for picking it.

Only recently have I been getting interviews but I'm so far off from where I wanted to be.

My life is a joke and I'm scared of the future. But I wont let it get me down. If I can't make it in the business world I'm going straight into education.
>>
File: annoying.jpg (39 KB, 420x328) Image search: [Google]
annoying.jpg
39 KB, 420x328
>>1019168
Actually jk I will let it get me down.

I've failed mentally and emotionally and resort to complaining on the internet.

Gonna be stuck minimumwage keked my whole shit existence. I should go into real estate or just give up senpai.
>>
Muh knowledge economy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.