[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do Wall street guys work for 100 hours in a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1437860504083.jpg (567 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
1437860504083.jpg
567 KB, 1600x1066
How the fuck do Wall street guys work for 100 hours in a week ? How many of those hours are actually productive ?
>>
s t i m u l a n t s
>>
C E R E T R O P I C S
>>
>>1016828
>Amphetamines
>Lots of sitting down throughout the day
>It's not actually all work
>>
File: bed-computer-rig.jpg (27 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
bed-computer-rig.jpg
27 KB, 375x500
>>1016828
>How the fuck do Wall street guys work for 100 hours in a week
>work
>not browsing /chans and shit, reading fiscals etc.

if that is work I work 120
>>
>>1016828
>How many of those hours are actually productive

maybe half
>>
File: 5589b535e6d27 (1).jpg (53 KB, 630x445) Image search: [Google]
5589b535e6d27 (1).jpg
53 KB, 630x445
>>1016828
cocaine

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6512362/The-Wolf-of-London-Underground.html

I used to work a whole week on it and slept 2 full days - Saturday and Sunday.. the entire days.
>>
That's investment banking for you
>>
I've worked 8 hours jobs that crushed me, and then I've worked 14 hour days that were nothing. It's all about the environment and what you're actually doing.
>>
File: CTDGTpLWIAAGOU4.jpg (57 KB, 600x739) Image search: [Google]
CTDGTpLWIAAGOU4.jpg
57 KB, 600x739
>>1016828
Most are exchange nuts. They would spend 100 hours anyways at home looking at markets. Goldman for example hires only finance nuts, all they want is that you have high iq and that your number one passion is markets and trading.
>>
I lasted 7 months at Merrill in Chicago. Shit was not fun.

More often than not, you're in the office 24/7 Mon-Fri. People kept clothes in their offices, showered at the gym on the 1st floor, ate junk food and delivery, and had their clothes dry cleaned. Maybe 8-10 hours a day you are actually working. The rest is spent in waiting rooms for meetings (people are always late because they are wealthy as fuck and don't care about you), waiting for something to come in, etc. You will spend your entire life doing work you don't get credit for. All for an equivalent hourly wage that is less than a Registered Nurse.

Enjoy. The good news is that this only lasts for 4 years. Then you're either one out of 50 analysts that move up or get fired.
>>
>>1016828
You gotta do cocaine and jerk off 2 times a day, everyday.
>>
>>1016842
Went on their website. What is this stuff?
>>
>>1017923
>tfw I read it in his voice
>>
>>1016828
Bay Street fag here

Typically only work 80 hours per week but am usually in the office Monday - Saturday and sometimes Sunday if it's particularly busy. The work is pretty mundane and not exciting at the analyst level but I'm just looking forward to the exit opps, that and the pay/bonus are what keep me going
>>
Walstreet has had cloning tecknolgy for a number of yers,, now.,.,,,

whenb ob comes to the office wil it be HIM sitting in the chare???? mayb,,,or MAYBE HIES A CLONe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jus think, peepl always get mad at walstreet caus THEIR SO GREEDY and DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT US.....Well that caus THEY AREN'tT us!!! They arnt even HUMAN.

thast why they dnt EVEN sleep!!! they DONt evne have to go inTo the Offace evry Day becauSE ther r 2 or mor of them at any give n TIME.
>>
>Google something that could be related to stocks?
>1 hour of work
>See that a store is doing well and it's a franchise for a publicly listed company?
>1 hour of work
>Watch the news and see things that could effect the economy?
>1 hour of work

Easily OP.
>>
>spend 10 years after undergrad picking up required education, certs, languages, etc for QUANT STUFF!!!
>spend 12+ hours per day staring at code and algorithms
>after work random headlines seen at newsstands become problems to be solved
>spend sleepless nights going over what data i would want, how to determine what's useful, what existing algos i can draw from and how to build the rest, what tests to run and constraints to apply...
not me but coworker
basically be obsessed
>>
>>1019088
Are you bacon rider in /n/?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.