[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/. my dream is to start a co-operative, in the areas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: guest-cargo-2-970x650[1].png (1 MB, 970x650) Image search: [Google]
guest-cargo-2-970x650[1].png
1 MB, 970x650
Hey /biz/. my dream is to start a co-operative, in the areas of agriculture, web design, software engineering and later, maybe even R&D.
My plan is to buy a huge chunk of land, solar panels (to save up on electricity), tractors and other agricultural real capital (to grow food), then buy very low-cost container houses, and issue invites to qualified Eastern Europeans and 3rd worlders, offering them a work visa and a share in the co-operative profits, housing, utilities and food in exchange for work.

Is this idea retarded? I'm 23 and have $75,000 saved up already. I work in the web development and software engineering sector, but also have some electronic engineering work experience. I have Asperger's, but I've always been a rather good leader.

My mom thinks that this dream is retarded, and that I will end up living with hippies. Is she right?
>>
People will fuck it up. First you'll have to advertise your plan to some third world schools, then you'll have to sift through all the people who wont just work a bit and leave because they want more than anything to live out of their country, and then you'll have to find people who are talented enough for your commie bullshit, yet are not being headhunted by massive companies who offer more than you.
>>
So you have enough money to pay two minimum wage employees for a year with no other capital funding.

Only another 50 million to start a co-operative, in the areas of agriculture, web design, software engineering and R&D.
>>
>>1016824
>third world schools

I can just pay for local, targeted billboard or Internet advertising. There are lots of Rajeeshes who don't even have a college diploma, yet program better than you and me.

>commie bullshit

There's nothing commie about participating in global markets.
Also, the Rajeeshes could bring their families, and they could work in the agriculture part of the co-operative if they aren't educated in anything else. Do stuff like pick cotton, tomatoes, ride tractors, and shit.
>>
>>1016833
In a co-operative, you don't have to pay. You aren't the employer. The employees get as much as they produce, and I'm not supposed to fund their shit.

The only thing I want to do is invest into the factors of production and sustainable housing and utilities part. Although, I could seek venture capital and angel investors for this to cover all the expenses. The generating income part is up to them.
>>
>>1016838
samefag

up to them, as in the workers
>>
You shouldn't focus so much on agriculture, it's the one thing that has nothing to do with the other areas you've listed. If you want to make your own food, then fine, build a greenhouse, or a garden, but don't start harvesting acres of corn, that's a full time job rife with uncertainty, and it'll require your full attention to maintain.

If I were you, I'd build a complex. Construct a building for living quarters, and a separate building for a laboratory, then rent it out to research teams, or, if you're so confident in yourself, fund your own projects. Advertise to newly graduated college students who could use the low living cost and start from there.
>>
>>1016838
In that case you are better off investing in an existing venture instead of trying to build one from ground level
>>
File: 03-CRKXugy[1].jpg (93 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
03-CRKXugy[1].jpg
93 KB, 600x380
>>1016845
Alright. I think I realized that the agriculture part was retarded.
Do you think very cheap container houses would do for the housing and workplaces?
Like these ones.

I could actually afford them (as well as the land), since I will get around a million USD inheritance, plus what I saved up by the age I would start doing this. I wouldn't be able to build my own, though - it would be too expensive.
>>
Start a small medical marijuana business. Allow your employees to live on site. Done.
>>
Basically you just want to build a hacker house. These things already exist. You're going to need a lot of money to do this on your own. I'd suggest just joining one of the existing ones and helping them expand

Check out 20mission
>>
>>1016868
First off, build your own what? Second, those look fine, but be sure that they each have basic amenities, and while you could have your residents do work in their living quarters I'd still suggest buying that lab to reduce the awkwardness of the residents having to be invited into each others units in order to get work done, I know that it's a co-operative, but there is such a thing as being too familiar, plus they need their own space to crash in away from work.

Just as an aesthetic suggestion, if you're going to build container houses that are the exact same model as that one, the I would suggest making them each a different color, and maybe build like a side-walk connecting all of the buildings together and also ad street lights.
>>
>>1016901
*install streetlights
>>
>>1016880
This is the only realistic option for now. Sorry OP. You can start up your MJ genetic modification labs later.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.