[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Islamic banking less profitable to work in due to them forbidding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1450095363857.jpg (117 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1450095363857.jpg
117 KB, 1024x768
Is Islamic banking less profitable to work in due to them forbidding usury?

Is the ban on usury the reason why so many Muslims are doctors, because that's where the money is?
>>
usury is probably the most important concept in the modern world. to create anything you need a loan of money, and why would you give a loan if you're getting nothing back?

they skirt around their own sharia laws by saying that you can give a loan at 3% intrest or something, and investing then collecting dividends instead of interest instead which in reality is exactly the same thing as lending on intrest but just worded differently. Islamic banking is fucking stupid
>>
>>1016909
I thought the bank bought it on your behalf and then they sell it to you at a fixed and immediately higher cost.
>>
>>1016912
In practice that is still usury. They just don't acknowledge it as such.
>>
>>1016909
>Islam/muslims are fucking stupid
what else is new
>>
>>1016732
Islamic banking just rephrases things and tries to exploit loopholes, they still basically charge interest just without calling it interest

I'm sure Allah loves his people exploiting loopholes in his laws... plenty of Muslims use ordinary bank accounts and mortgages anyway, people using Islamic finance are just kidding themselves
>>
>>1016929
have you ever heard of wp called hiddenlol.com cuz u seem like one of em ?
>>
>>1016732
Meanwhile, Jesus tells us that a servant who goes and invests his master's money is better than one who just buries it in the ground for safekeeping

Why is Christianity so based?
>>
>>1016732
There is a startup that essentially gives loans on a profit-sharing model as opposed to interest based.
>>
>>1016962
Well, that was written by Jews, most likely. Christianity has been banning usury for a long time.
>>
>>1018093
it's strange because the OT is filled with bits about god hating usury yet the Jews interpreted that as them allowing lending with intrest to non-Jews

Jews just being Jews I suppose
>>
Does anybody have the quotes from the bible, torah, and quran that specifically talk about usury?
>>
>Abrahamic religions are retarded when it comes to nearly everything in terms of actual policies

Who woulda thunk it?
>>
>>1018146
Nothing wrong with interest and profit. Perpetual interest is the problem.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.