[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to get started in trading options. I have $20,000 just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-07-23h48m09s10.png (482 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-07-23h48m09s10.png
482 KB, 720x404
Looking to get started in trading options. I have $20,000 just sitting in my bank account not doing anything. How/where should I start learning about this? Everything I see seems to be retards on youtube or bullshit click bait websites.
>>
dont you mean investing
>>
>>1016572
>Everything I see seems to be retards on youtube or bullshit click bait websites.

Have you ever stopped and wondered why you only find this? It's to take retards away from their cash.
>>
File: montae.jpg (49 KB, 563x582) Image search: [Google]
montae.jpg
49 KB, 563x582
>>1016572

Trading is a zero-sum game.

No value is ever added.

In fact every transaction diminishes the value of whatever is being traded because of fees.

With that in mind, do you really want to undertake an engagement where more than half of all participants lose money, and in which you have no training, education or experience?
>>
>>1016806
>Trading is a zero-sum game.
>No value is ever added.
You say it like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>1016949

Gains are only made when others lose an equivalent amount. Even if you are the best at it, your profits are limited to whatever others are willing to lose.

What could possibly be good about it?
>>
>>1017194
But that's entirely inaccurate.
>>
File: 1420661819898.jpg (22 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1420661819898.jpg
22 KB, 398x500
>>1017194
>your profits are limited to whatever others are willing to lose
Except that there's no limit to that at all.

Hey, there's something that's good about it!
>>
>>1017194
That's not how it works. You're confusing stocks (owning a piece of a company) with a card game.

Look at historical prices of an old blue chip to see. Stocks don't go straight up and people will lose money and companies can go under, but saying owning is a zero sum game is simplistic and inaccurate.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.