[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>started work a few weeks ago as a business analyst, first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: images (14).jpg (15 KB, 268x400) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
15 KB, 268x400
>started work a few weeks ago as a business analyst, first time in this role
>put in charge of an Indian begging for experience who was made an unpaid intern
>zero leadership experience outside of uni projects which is very individualistic
>29th of December so fucking nobody is here but us
>guiding the intern through workable items
>1:30 when we reach a point that I need higher-up advice to proceed
>"uhhh let's just call it a half day"
>as I get off my 30-minute bus ride home I realise I had some of my own work to do
>hoping it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass

Work stress general?
>>
File: 1458219128355.gif (398 KB, 480x238) Image search: [Google]
1458219128355.gif
398 KB, 480x238
>>1016289

Wagekuk
>>
>>1016289
>Asked to be "in charge" of 1 person
>"But I have no LEADERSHIP experience"
Fucking pathetic
>>
>>1016289
You aren't going to be in trouble in your first few weeks. Just remember next time to balance your individual work contributions with management.

Make sure you spell out everything you want Pajeet to do in an email. I usually like to give bulleted lists and then check them off when he inevitably comes back with 1/3 of the items done.
>>
>>1016318
Second this.
>>
>>1016318
I had to share a computer with her and observe that everything she did was correct, while also ensuring that what I was teaching was exactly right, so my mind was completely on managing.

Things will be easier once she has her own spot.
>>
>>1016602
Well then if anyone asks you tell them that you haven't yet completed your work because you had to get the intern up to speed.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.