[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BIZ outsider seeking BIZ advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 710x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 710x473
I am about to graduate lib art uni with a degree in Music Technology w focus in Audio Engineering and Sound Design. I am from Kentucky with a few connections in Nashville and Seattle, but I need advice on my career path. I want to be financially successful and live comfortable (make 6 figures) yet I am unsure of how to do so with my skillset. I know how to do live and studio recording, music production, little exp w music foley, and teaching what I know. I am very good w people and quit charismatic.

also I am shit w saving money, so after graduating I'll basically be starting from scratch. (-$5000)

any advice is appreciated, lmk if more info is desired.
>>
Ask on another board. I can guarantee you almost all of the replies here are going to be bashing you for not going into STEM or business, and that you will be forever poor.
>>
>>1016262
I don't know if that's a degree with a lot of money in it but my advice for you would be to network your ass off. Regardless of what your degree is in networking is something that applies universally. It's all about who you know. I know for a fact that's how to get ahead in the business world at least.
>>
I've got a proposal. A friend of mine started a website a few years ago on studio design (and now it's ranked #1 in google search)

He makes a 7 figure income just on commissions from amazon. Just last week I started 3 websites and don't have the knowledge to write good content yet.

However I do have knowledge of search engine optimization and could do the behind the scenes work of getting the sites ranked. Want to go in and be my partner? I think with your extensive knowledge we could out perform his site and be rollin' in the dough
>>
File: disturbing-baby-mask.jpg (20 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
disturbing-baby-mask.jpg
20 KB, 450x375
>Become dj
>PLAY DUBSTEP/TRAP MUSIC
>call yourself "Sour Soul Kid"
>wear baby head mask(pic related)
>wear custom size snapbacks, use beats headphones, jerseys, pro lgbt/ black lives matter shirts, bernie shirts
>find a sponsor (bud light, budweiser, tecate, pbr?) And chug beers slopily during sets.
>spray your audience with beer
>profit $1000-$28,000) per set
Dont think its possible?
>Look at skrillex, jack u, steve aoki and dozens more
Absolute terrible talentless trash but make bank off teens and tryhards

I believe in you bro
>>
>>1016342
what's your email man?
>>
>>1017358
[email protected]
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.