[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else keep a spreadsheet of earnings to keep track?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Annual calcuator.png (35 KB, 1205x493) Image search: [Google]
Annual calcuator.png
35 KB, 1205x493
Does anybody else keep a spreadsheet of earnings to keep track?

I'm halfway through updating mine and it's great to have a clear path of where I'm going.

Once I add in bonuses I might even break 10k savings this year (yes I know I don't have a lot but I'm 21 so fuck it)
>>
I track net worth rather than just savings. How are your expenses the exact same every month?
>>
>>1015023
They're not really, but I always round up to rough averages so when it gets to the end I have more than I planned for and live a bit better within my means

How do you track networth?
>>
>>1015120
It gets to a point where it's impossible to track. My net worth easily changes by £100s per day due to stock market movements. Not really a concern.
>>
>>1015120
I update my personal balance sheet every month and take the net worth total at the end of every month to a chart. As long as the trend is upwards I'm happy. Doing this on a daily basis wouldn't be worth it but monthly or even quarterly gives you a good picture of your finances.
>>
I update my personal balance sheet about twice a week to get a picture of where i stand. I record cash, bank accounts, credit cards and loans. So nice to know where you stand.
>>
Are they any decently customizable apps for this or do you all just use excel?
>>
>>1015329
yeah. mint.com

there's no reason to make an excel spreadsheet for this
>>
>>1015358

>no reason

Not everyone wants to share private financial data with others.
>>
>>1014946
Bank statement comes quarterly and includes bar chart showing monthly closing balance
Check bank accounts every few days anyway
Transfer most of my pay to savings account
If I want to buy something that costs more than a payday I stop transferring to savings account until I have enough rather than take from savings
That's about it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.