[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
McDonalds has come up with an answer to the $15/hour wage laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12
File: 733287.0.mcdonalds.jpg (148 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
733287.0.mcdonalds.jpg
148 KB, 1024x768
McDonalds has come up with an answer to the $15/hour wage laws being enacted.
>>
Fuck yeah, basic income here we come!
>>
>>1013911
I love all the craze in the past about how great it would be when "robots do everything and we don't need jobs", then it turns out the future is more like "robots do everything and we don't have jobs".

Dreamers forgot that they don't own any robots and nobody is going to give them handouts.
>>
>>1013944
We're at the point where we do't need jobs tho.
Basic income unless you have a skill which can't be automated is the future
>>
>>1013951
keep dreaming faggot
>>
>>1013951
There won't be a basic income. You'll simply starve, get arrested, or, MUCH more likely, be forced into the military where they want you.
>>
>>1013968
And it's about time. The only expendable income the lowest order has is derived from tax dollars anyways. Kill off the nogf neets and tumblr feminists and we'll have a much improved society.
>>
>>1013968

>Delusional richfag.

You're going to get thrown into the street and murdered by the hungry masses.
>>
>>1013976
The hungry masses are presently cheering for their own annihilation. Go consume some more mass media and vote Trump/ Hillary. Your line ends with you.
>>
>>1013980

Food is still cheap. Start taking their burgers away and they'll change sides quickly.

You're a delusional fool who should study history more closely if you think otherwise.
>>
It doesn't matter

They will still somehow fuck up my order
>>
I'm all for automated food ordering. The amount of human error you encounter with cashiers is fucking astounding
>>
>>1013988
You're thinking of a time where the "men" produced could do more than flail limply with soft cum stained hands.

As if you compare yourself to a wiry dirt farmer with 7 children to feed? The only thing you'll fight with any vigor for(still laughable) for is gayblacktransvestite rights to share the bathroom with your 11 yeast old cousin.
>>
how can i invest into burger robots?
>>
>>1013991
>>1014013
The problem is plebs are fucking retarded with machines. Even in theaters and post offices theres machines right there but they stand in line like retards. Then plebs discover the machine and spend 45 minutes pressing a button
>>
>>1014043
It'll fix itself within a generation. Old people suck at computers because they weren't raised around them, but they still came into popularity. Kids born today will be fine using these machines, even the dumb ones.
>>
>>1013911
It's great! We need more automation and making investment in automation technology more attractive is a good thing.
>>
>>1013911
I won't be going to mcdogfood until machines are preparing the food as well. I don't want some unmotivated moron touching my burger
>>
>>1014089
respect
>>
Basic income is unavoidable. Estimates are that 40% of the current job force could be replaced by automation right now. Those numbers move up drastically in 10 years and 20 years. It's funny that posters think it's just the uneducated. I have a good friend that was just replaced by a software program. He has a doctorate. His job was to review dental xrays.
>>
>>1014140
But someone has to control the program...
Oh I get it. They sacked all of the doctorate guys except for one and gave him the controls.
>>
>>1014147
It's automated. It literally identifies tooth problems on its own.
>>
>>1014046
Millennial here.

I was "raised" by computers and am a /g/entooman. I have problems using unfamiliar systems. Shit man I tried to use the ticket machine at the theatre and I was retarded. My date laughed at me but truthfully I had never used the particular machine before. Unless I use it everyday I think I'll still have the problem.
>>
Wow so instead of a 4 person shift they can swing a 3 person shift.

And all for the price of multiple ordering stations in each store.

And networking to a regional server or McDs HQ for menu changes and whatnot.

And at least one dedicated full-time employee in a region for troubleshooting and repairs.

And repairs for hoodlums smashing the machines or shoving food in them.

And they will still need someone at the register for old people or people who don't want to use the station. So really they will have the same number of employees and a bunch of new hardware to buy and maintain.

You know how grocery stores and hardware stores have a cluster of self-checkouts and they still have some person dedicated to that area? And they still have multiple checkout lanes open manned by cashiers? Quit with this nonsense fantasy narrative where they crush the proletariat.
>>
>>1014155
So you're friend has a useless skill but he went to college for it so that somehow means he shouldn't be replaced?
>>
>>1014204
It makes me wonder what kind of benefit this kind of thinking gives you.
>>
>>1014204
I never said that. Just pointing out its not just the uneducated that get their jobs automated.
>>
>>1014199
Fuck that. I say order on your phone on the way there and pick it up. That's the future.
>>
>>1013911

> this working

people gonna get tired of this robot shit. It IS more work.

When I go to the grocery mart I never go to self checkout, cause it's bullshit.

Better pay for the working class is gonna happen, and strategies like this are gonna backfire.

Murica headed for a revolution.
>>
>>1014218
>"Please place your item in the bagging area. Please place your item in the bagging area. Please place your item in-"

>hit the "PLEASE HELP ME!" button to alert the 100 year old woman standing 5 feet away to your plight
>it takes her 4 years to waddle over to scan her override card

>people who got into the longest regular checkout line leave before you

Think of the convenience! Think of the corporate savings!
>>
>>1014199
>Wow so instead of a 4 person shift they can swing a 3 person shift.
>And all for the price of multiple ordering stations in each store.
>And networking to a regional server or McDs HQ for menu changes and whatnot.
>And at least one dedicated full-time employee in a region for troubleshooting and repairs.
>And repairs for hoodlums smashing the machines or shoving food in them.
>And they will still need someone at the register for old people or people who don't want to use the station. So really they will have the same number of employees and a bunch of new hardware to buy and maintain.
>You know how grocery stores and hardware stores have a cluster of self-checkouts and they still have some person dedicated to that area? And they still have multiple checkout lanes open manned by cashiers? Quit with this nonsense fantasy narrative where they crush the proletariat.
It's all about gradual change my man.
They'll reduce the number of manned posts over a period of years so nobody notices.
>>
>>1013911
I don't see how this is a problem.
>>
what company makes these for mcdonalds

i want in
>>
>>1014089

>Bringing a snooty attitude to McD's

You shouldn't even be ever going there, no matter how it improves, still using the same low grade food.
>>
>>1013911
Lol the poor just keep making themselves poorer.
They want high wages, now they'll get no wages. Thanks for excelorating automation poorfags!
>>
>>1014043

30 people in line for 3 cashiers at Walmart and no one at the self check outs
>>
>>1013911
>hand sanitizer
lol
>>
>>1014403
heres a idea biz:
Self sanitizing touch screen monitors

Thank me later, i want 5% of the profits
>>
>>1013911

I'll take a robot that is 90% less likely to fuck up my order than some slob would. Hell, it'll probably be faster, it'll be a better experience, and does anyone really like working at McDonald's anyways?

Maybe now I can get a burger without half the cheese falling off the side and fries that don't taste like mountains of salt.
>>
>>1014285
>excelorating
Griping about poorfags.
Can't spell
Negro, the pedestal you think you are on does not exist.
>>
Let me put it this wat, this bussiness model will work for a certain amount of time, it will be a golden age where robots are smart enough that they'll get the job done just like a regular employee, but before that they will be too dumb and dependant that they will not be worth it and after that golden period of good enough labour they will start becoming too smart to be kept as slaves, as AI advancements are achieved the probability of sentient robots rebelling increases, mark my words, even robots will have to be paid some day, so probably you will want to invest in the company that produces these robots while the bussinees cucks think they'll replace their workforce while in reality they will only be wasting their capital.
>>
>>1013911
>implying this wouldn't have happened anyway
If McDonald's sees a way to make more money, McDonald's is going to take that way every time same as any corporation. As much as I agree that a $15/hour min wage is overkill, stuff like this would be happening even if there was a $5 minimum wage because automation will more or less always mean more profit in the long run.
>>
I've worked shitty cashier jobs before, and know what its like, and now I work my ass off for $20/hour (albeit there's a lot of room for growth), why the fuck should someone doing not even a quarter of the work get 75% of the pay I get? I've done those jobs, they aren't remotely hard or worth anywhere close to $15/hour.

All this does is mean everything else is going to cost more
>>
>>1014428
I've found the best mcdonalds service comes late at night when all the stoners/degenerates are working. Your order will probably be wrong, and it will take forever, but they seem to actually care about making edible food and tend to hook it up with extra shit (bacon, cheese, etc) because they dont give a fuck. The old people during the day are the ones that put out the sloppy burgers where nothing is actually on the burger
>>
>>1014199
>Wow so instead of a 4 person shift they can swing a 3 person shift.

%25 lower labor costs are a big advantage

>And all for the price of multiple ordering stations in each store.

Which is cheaper today than a year of minimum wage($7.25/hr) income.

>And networking to a regional server or McDs HQ for menu changes and whatnot.

Stupid easy now that every McDonalds offers free wifi.

>And at least one dedicated full-time employee in a region for troubleshooting and repairs.
>And repairs for hoodlums smashing the machines or shoving food in them.

1 guy making 45k a year is replacing 50 people make 12k a year.

>And they will still need someone at the register for old people or people who don't want to use the station

That won't happen. In PA sheetz does not allow for ordering at the register. It must be done via a touch screen. Old people figured it out. Sheetz does not care about those too old to use their system.

>You know how grocery stores and hardware stores have a cluster of self-checkouts and they still have some person dedicated to that area? And they still have multiple checkout lanes open manned by cashiers?

They are more for loss prevention than keeping the systems running. 1 person "managing" the self checkout lanes can ring many more people up. Once they tag every item with an RFID chip you won't need to go to checkout. Just walk out with what you want and get charged for it via your phone.

>>1014526
This.

>24/7/365 on the job, never late, never sick never rude to customers
>100% accuracy
>no need for breaks or benefits

There are more advantages than lower labor costs.
>>
File: tc02_48x641.jpg (663 KB, 2240x1680) Image search: [Google]
tc02_48x641.jpg
663 KB, 2240x1680
What are some companies supplying these automation robots? Or is MCD developing them inhouse?
>>
Raise the minimum wage and all the worthless losers who work minimum wage jobs will be replaced by robots. Sounds good to me. Let the niggers and spicks starve for all I care.
>>
>>1014527
Actually I agree with this. All of the sudden unskilled labor is making close to someone who actually has knowledge and skills. It devalues the people working their ass off for $20-$25 an hour
>>
>>1013938

More like 'mass poverty, mass crime, and mass incarceration'.

Don't worry, though. I'm sure that that will work out for everyone involved.
>>
>>1014571
You sound like a nice person :^)
>>
>>1014574
yeah probably. people keep having kids they can't afford, that's what I primarily blame, as the offspring of irresponsible adults myself. we are nearing a tipping point where the responsibility of some is being destroyed by the irresponsibility of others. This may come to a social-classist head. But it is now clearly apparent that currency is used to marginalize and subdue, and as long as the masses keep infighting the wealthy stay up top.

Anyway to be more on topic there are a variety of issues here: like others mentioned design on these kiosks is terrible, and touchscreens lack force feedback so they suck.

also I think there's a large psychological component--not only from a service perspective but from a business integrity perspective--entering the order myself makes me feel like an employee and wonder why I'm paying a margin for this service. Most people won't understand that but they may feel similarly.
>>
>robots will do everything

Poverty is going to fucking explode and the economy is going to go tits up if everything becomes automated.
>>
>>1014608
I think this automation thing is going to happen slower than most people expect.

If nothing else, 'please scan your item again' is going to be heard a lot more times than most people would want to hear it until the bugs get fucked out.
>>
>>1014454
I don't think that something like this will happen. Robots are stupid af. Everything they do is because we programmed them to do so. That means unless someone actually programs robots that work for income, robots won't work for income. It's as simple as that. And seriously, who is going to invest into robots that want to get paid.
>>
>>1013938
Sorry NEETfag. I hope we have a mass genocide against the poor
>>
>>1014223
EXACTLY.

All these posts about automation on biz.

Can yall think of a single automated process that works better than a human?
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 720x479
Basic income will never happen.

> Being this economically retarded
>>
File: 1421792647029.jpg (144 KB, 520x500) Image search: [Google]
1421792647029.jpg
144 KB, 520x500
>>1014657
Totally, build systems engineering. My team used to have 13 dev ops positions, then it had 2, now it only has me.

>mfw the good one left. We were supposed to still have 2.
Help me biz.
>>
>>1014002
Lel. You miss the point, it may be relatively quiet right now and the people may be subdued... But all it takes is one or two actions and normal people will take to the streets in anger and fear. It may not be in our lifetimes but eventually someone is going to push them over the edge and it is not going to be pretty.
>>
>>1014670
If it doesn't happen in your lifetime, it might as well not happen at all.

They're going to fuck you for the rest of your life, and the ones doing it will live long and happy lives with no repercussions.
>>
>>1014659
Then every country in the world will be a third world country. Dictators and revolutions will be the standard.
>>
>>1014672
Of course not, but that would mean that they are keeping the population happy enough for them not to feel a need to revolt. So they would be performing their job as leaders of society.
>>
>>1014673
>implying an intelligent/educated, centered and benevolent dictator as head of a country wouldn't be the best possible thing to ever happen

it's pretty fucking impossible but i doubt much else would be able to top it.
>>
>>1014673

Much more likely just crime, barter cultures, scavenging, and nonsense.

Dictators imply that the government won't have willing soldiers (and they will, for a guaranteed minimum wage + job with very little expenses).
>>
>>1014534

I've heard about many stories about stoners working late shifts and giving out free shit... I'm one myself and have never experienced that lol. And some how the drive thru ends up being 10 minutes longer at night with no one even ordering.

>>1014563

Probably in house. McDonald's is a large enough company that it would be cheaper and smarter to use an in house system. If they purchased a system then any other competitor could do that as well.
>>
i will never shop at a store that has a kiosk like this
>>
File: 128619596630.png (28 KB, 270x289) Image search: [Google]
128619596630.png
28 KB, 270x289
>>1013911
That's great news. It's so shitty job no human should do it. $15 is good thing. You either earn or you collect the big government check. Win Win
>>
File: 1371216758742.jpg (41 KB, 283x352) Image search: [Google]
1371216758742.jpg
41 KB, 283x352
>>1014707
>going to McDonald's in the first place
>>
>>1014707
>eating at McDonald's
>>
>>1013911
>kiosks do not accept cash
Oh boy. Hold on to your pants. Cashless society is inbound.

I got my online banks, credit, and debit card-only wallet ready
>>
>>1014760
>>1014756
>not enjoying dank mcchickens for $2
>>
>>1013968
Let it burn. It's healthy.
>>
I don't see why forcing people to market themselves more aggressively is a bad thing.

Acquire a marketable skill or sit at home merely existing and let uncle Obama take care of you.
>>
>>1014760
>act superior meme
>meme picture
>>
>>1014218
>>1014223
Honestly you guys might just be retarded. I always choose the self-checkout lane unless I have a shitton of items (like 30+), and that almost never happens at the grocery store. It's faster, I don't have to wait for a retard to scan my items, and they almost always have less of a line because you can jam 8 self checkouts in the space of 2 regular lanes.

And things will only get more automated as time goes on. You think by complaining about it on 4chan you'll make it stop. You won't.
>>
>>1014657
Yeah. Driving.
>>
>>1014943
I like self checkout because I can have the robot count out 5.00 in pennies without looking at me like I am a douche. Great way to get rid of small change.
>>
buy iRobot stock now faggots
>>
>>1013944
Why do you care about people who need jobs that could be replaced by a robot?
>>
>>1013911
>
Former dominos employee here. I worked there for 2 years in high school and it never ceased to amaze me how many people call to order without looking at a menu or have any concept of what we serve even though it's been on the internet for years, advertised everywhere, and its own app on the fucking smartphone they're using to call me.

We're going to need human beings for at least another decade because the dumb-dumbs haven't died out yet
>>
>>1015108

That and no store would actually pay for something that can clean the floor automatically.
>>
If most (easy) jobs gonna be replaced by machines and automation the next 10 to 20 years, why we take so many refugees in Germany? Politicians promised us that they are great workers. :')
>>
>>1014943

> the self checkout is faster.

no, no it isn't. And there's a dozen errors that can occur that will never occur with another human in front of you. Plus you physically do the work. It's just another thing to do in a day 1000 tasks long.
>>
>>1014951

> the automatic car meme

and how are automated planes going anon? They've been automated since the 1990's didn't you know? And yet a pilot still needs to be on board.

Why do you think that is?
>>
>>1014797
Government owned retail banking incoming.
>>
>>1015154
>just another thing to do

So much this. I already have to pick the items, load them in my car then unload them at home. Why in the fuck would I want to scan and bag them too?
>>
>>1014978
Kek'd, I've never even thought of this. I have like $200 in quarters sitting in a bag on my desk, I should use them.

>>1015154
I may be biased since I rarely get more than 5-10 items from the grocery store.

>>1015157
A plane also travels a lot farther, a lot faster, with a lot more people on board, and can only stop in very, very specific places. Cars are slow, they only hold a few people, and they can stop literally anywhere where there's a shoulder.

Elon Musk recently lowered his expectation for the availability of generally autonomous cars (that is, cars with general autonomy ie get in the car and tell it where you want to go) from 3 years down to 2. Which, based on his past predictions, means it'll probably happen in about 4 years.

I don't know why people like you have to be such pubes about it, but autonomous driving is coming and it's going to fuck up the transportation industry for the better.
>>
>>1015154
>no, no it isn't.
Maybe if your old but this is 2015. We are a generation of people who grew up on screens (I am almost 30)
>And there's a dozen errors that can occur that will never occur with another human in front of you.
Oh? Tell me about how mcdonalds doesn't fuck up the order 1/4 of the time.
>Plus you physically do the work. It's just another thing to do in a day 1000 tasks long.
Reference point 1. If it is efficiency you are looking for this is the superior route.

Do you not do self check-out when you are at the grocery store? its like 80x faster and you don't have to say no to club cards, promotions, donations, ect.

I hope they do this even if they do not raise the minimum wage.
>>
>go to homedepot
>pick up 4 washers, 1 rubber gasket in a bag from those drawers
>go to only register with cashier its right by the exit
>a-hole register supervisor yelling I can help you down here.
>walk down there. one self checkout only working for cards. people walk up and then half to walk to back of line.
>one down completely.
>computer supervisor doesn't know what these metal parts are.
>upc not scanning on bag, can you go get another one?
>fml the cashier always knows how to find the item, go get another one for this imbecile.
>other self check out beeping because mexicans not putting items in bag after scanning.
>finally pay and realize about 10 successful transaction in regular register. versus three successful transaction on the 4 self check outs.
>>
>>1015212

The sad thing is, self checkouts could probably actually work, but good luck getting anyone to invest in a machine that won't require at least two people on site at a time for overrides and other shit for at least a couple more decades.
>>
File: based.gif (317 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
based.gif
317 KB, 500x380
>>1013911
>mfw in an automation proof job
/biz/ness intelligence bitches
>>
>>1014527
>>1014573
Wageslave here.
I agree, by increasing the minimum wage, not only does it make employers less likely to hire new employees, but they would probably start laying off people as well.
It would also increase the price of sold goods to offset the pay increase, I live near Seattle and have heard horror stories of the horrific rent they have to pay.
>>
>>1014813
>McChickens
>$2
Holy fuck that inflation.
McChickens are a $1 here man.
>>
For a fast food restaurant self checkouts are fine.

At a chain store self checkouts are great if you are buying a few, standard items. They are fucked when companies try to use them as replacements for standard checkouts.
>>
what will businesses do if everyone is unemployed and too poor to afford their products/services?
>>
>>1014217
this nigga gets it
>>
>>1015463
>>1014217
>pick it up
>not "have it delivered to your door by drone"
>>
>>1014913
That's not a meme picture
>>
File: Giga Pigs.jpg (11 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
Giga Pigs.jpg
11 KB, 284x178
>>1013974

male NEETs are rare relative to single mothers who are paid to breed future thugs and rapists.

Eliminate the mass transferal of taxes from (mostly) men to (mostly) loser women, and the world would be a better place for all.

>>1014002
>>1014672

Mass uprising would still be an issue; most men aren't the placid "this is what a feminist looks like" hipster cum-shitters you make them out to be.

The other poster is right about the history of such things, however we need to remember that previous generations have never seen technology like what we have now; armed dirt farmers were much more evenly matched with their opponents, but the average rebel these days would be up against another fucking level of enemy. Two completely different battles.

The powers that be now have the tech to potentially impose their will permanently and stifle any rebels. Drones, tanks, you name it.
>>
>>1015503
>Eliminate the mass transferal of taxes from (mostly) men to (mostly) loser women, and the world would be a better place for all.
This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This
>>
>>1014698
That´s called a technocracy. The government of the skilled ones.

If we can get that plus the benevolent part, I think we´re pretty much settled. Democracy is an utopia and it won´t work until pretty much the whole population has a high level education. Which ain´t happening for centuries at the very least, if it ever comes to be at all.
>>
>>1015631
>Niggers
>High level education

Pick one. You can't have both.
>>
>>1015461
Petition the gubment to gib free money.
>>
File: web1_panera-fast-lane-001.jpg (41 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
web1_panera-fast-lane-001.jpg
41 KB, 640x430
I saw these at a panera bread in San Antonio. They were encouraging people to learn to use to them by giving out cookies to the customers that tried. Some employee just hovered around and answered any question people had.
This is the way of the future.
>>
>>1015197
>Tell me about how mcdonalds doesn't fuck up the order 1/4 of the time.

Try ordering any burger "without cheese" or "no cheese please".

I like real cheese on my burgers. I DON'T like the shit processed cheese McDonalds puts on their burgers, so I always tell them to leave it out. And still, I have to check my burger because they screw it up and just slap a flap of that garbage on my burger. Every time.

EVERY.

FUCKING.

TIME.

I would praise Allah the day I can order a Quarter pounder at a kiosk instead of cashier, and have it made by a robot instead of whatever retards they have working at the back.
>>
>>1015829

Try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...rrrk...try scanning again...
>>
>>1015829
if you don't check your receipt as they give it to you it's your own fault. Beyond that no one can control the cook's retardation
>>
>>1013911
I work fastfood in a zone effected by the 15/hr wage increase by 2021 (burger king though) and i think its a horrible idea, almost nightmarish Im already doing 3 diffrent peoples job for them (including my own) and its just going to get even more difficult as we are cutting around 10 people from a 50 person staff. Really dont know how ill survive through the year but if i die jus know that ill always love you cunts.
>>
>>1015829
McDonalds markets to the nigger demographic. Quit buying shit from ghetto ass restaurants.
>>
>>1014563
NCR Corp. does most grocery self checkouts in Australia.
>>
File: yee.jpg (463 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
463 KB, 1200x900
Harrison machine works has come up with an answer to the abolition of slavery
>>
File: 20 year laugh.jpg (57 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
20 year laugh.jpg
57 KB, 620x670
>>1015829

>I HATE THE PROCESSED SHIT THAT MCDONALDS PUTS ON THEIR PROCESSED SHIT!!!!
>>
>>1014294
Dude in London I ALWAYS use self-service and I see 5x the traffic going through those lanes.
>>
>>1014534
Former McDonald's employee here. I can confirm. We cook everything fresh at this time. Not making eight burgers at once so we focus on quality not speed.
>>
>>1015819
>let me teach you how to touch on the screen the food you want to eat
how sad in a first world country
>>
>>1013911
A bunch og /g/entomen is going to enjoy a lot of free burgers.
>>
>>1013976
The hungry masses will just get killed if they do anything. All they can do is starve. The leaders don't even need human soldiers any more. they can have a fully automatic army to subdue any uprising. Windows, Apple and Google have knowledge where everyone is at all time and what they think, search and write to their friends. If people are becoming a problem then it is already legal to kill American citizens without a trial even if they strictly speaking have not been accused of doing anything illegal.

Like Anwar al Awlaki was put on the kill list because he wrote propaganda for Al Qaida. Which strictly speaking might have been argued to be part of the freedom of speech. (although people like Tarek Mehenna have been successfully arrested and jailed for translating Al Qaida propaganda because it's considered "aiding and abetting a terrorist organization", it is still not a requirement for the US government to test that out in court any more due to the Patriot Act.) And his 15 year old son was also individually put on the kill list, Obamas only comment on that was that it was because he had a terrorist father, the kid was not accused of being part of Al Qaida.

So it is perfectly legal for the US government to assassinate a American citizen that is considered "a threat to national security". Like they have done on at least two occasions already. They don't even have to change the current law and the President have 100% Authority to put people on the kill list. Technically he could put the whole senate on the kill list. "A threat to national security" like stated in the Patriot act as the only requirement to be put on the list has no legal meaning. It means what the President feel it means.
>>
>>1014652
>mad wageslave
Nice
>>
>>1013911
This is literally funnier than it should be.
>>
>>1014218
You must be 85 because I don't remember the last time I used a checkout with a human clerk and I don't remember the last time I had a problem with self check-out.
>>
>>1015190

> thinks automating the movement of a car is simpler than automating plane travel

Holy shit, just think about it for a second.
>>
>>1015212

EXACTLY.

this is my fucking point. Some jobs may be simple, but it's still the best scenario to have a human being doing them.

Real quality AI and automation is still a good 20 years off.
>>
>>1017560
It isn't, it's completely different.
>>
>>1015190

A plane doesn't have to deal with traffic limitations in a practical sense.

Automated cars are going to run into two different problems: competing with an available market of much cheaper manually operated vehicles and dealing with other people on the road. I'm assuming attempting to outlaw manually controlled vehicles will not go over very well in the next fifty years.

You can't program a machine to rationally react to other drivers, who show utter disregard for the safety of themselves and others, in all situations. Also, can you legally design a machine that disregards the safety of it's operator to protect others OR disregards the safety of others to protect its operator?

There likely will be situations, as a result of malfunctions or other drivers, where the car will have to choose between hurting the driver and hurting other people.

Who should the car choose? Why?

If the car malfunctions OR as part of perfect operation causes an injury or death, who is liable?

If the driver is injured because of an action the car took to protect bystanders, can the driver sue the manufacturer or the dealer?
>>
>>1015212
I feel that self check outs could work if they didn't allow any items that needed some PLU/Item code or anything that needed weighing.

Those fucking scales suck ass, they are too fucking sensitive.
If there is an attendant already there then why do I get retarded prompts about removing unexpected items from the bagging area? its not deterring theft, its making me aggravated.

My self check out
>20 items or less
>no scale / no coupons
>card payment only
>>
>>1017145
this
>>
>>1013911
I like this, because when the person fucks up their order, they will try to blame the "computer" even though it's their own fucking fault.
>>
>>1013911

Yeah, until you are stuck behind some jackass that is just randomly clicking around the menus or the system locks up and they can't take orders because the person to reset the machines isn't answering their phone.
>>
you realize 35% of people earn less then 15$ an hour?
About 64% of all wage earners in the U.S. currently earns less than a welder.
according to the Social Security Administration:

73% of all wage earners in the U.S. earned less than $50,000 a year (so this is not what most Americans earn)
66% took home less than the "average wage" of $42,498 a year.
59% earned less than what I used to earn—between $30,000 and $35,000 a year (So now I don't feel so bad anymore because, although I wasn't earning an "average" wage, at least I was earning more than the "median" wage.)
But 40% earned less than $20,000 a year—almost 61 million people. This sucks big time. Even the new federal minimum wage of $10.10 an hour for workers under government contract is only $21,008 a year before taxes (and that's only if they work 40 hours a week every week).
166 people reported earning over $50 million a year (and many probably paid their employees the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour and complained that even that was too much—and that these "takers" should be taxed more, putting more "skin in the game"—because for many of these multi-billionaires, it is just a game to them (such as, who holds a title on the Forbes Fortune 400 list; who has the biggest yacht, or who has the biggest beachfront mansion.)
>>
>>1013911
Dunno how those work i the US but in Aus they're only used for custom orders.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.