[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be military ossifer; Infantry Platoon leader soon to be staff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 22
File: dreamlife.jpg (314 KB, 630x785) Image search: [Google]
dreamlife.jpg
314 KB, 630x785
>Be military ossifer; Infantry Platoon leader soon to be staff Officer (AG)
>One year left in contract
>Initially wanted to move to Aviation, get demoted to CW3 and fly helicopters, ride motorcycles and bang bad bitches
>Or get out and maybe become a Private Military Contractor
>Now just want to be rich as fuck
>First step is to get into an Ivy League School
>Want to go to Harvard to get MBA
>Was not a great student in high school nor College since partied too hard
>Only selling point is I can get kick-ass letters of recommendation since staff Officers work at Brigade and up
>Have like 6 months to study for GMAT/CFA/CAIA

First Step is important; How do I convince my bosses to write me a good letter of recommendation? Especially being the military and all, it might slightly offend them that I dont want to stay Army. I heard getting these letters is a process in and of itself.

Also how to GMAT?
>>
>I'm a glorified janitor

Lol
>>
>>1013902
Nah, those are the Privates kek
>>
File: rockswash.jpg (117 KB, 924x752) Image search: [Google]
rockswash.jpg
117 KB, 924x752
>>1013901
>Was not a great student in high school nor College since partied too hard

What I mean by that is my GPA is all sorts of fucked up. Even at the OCS board the Major interviewing me was like; "WTF?" Good thing I was able to utilize bullshit-under-fire and wiggled my way out of it.
>>
>>1013901
>shitty college GPA
>Infantry

I am sorry bro, you ain't gonna make it to HBS.

could elaborate on college and major?
how much do you score on the GMAT pre-practice? studying for the CFA/CAIA(wtf?wrong timing!) sounds wrong. I would try to test the water with top 15 B-school alumni and current student veteran clubs to see how they feel about you.
>>
>>1013901
>>Initially wanted to move to Aviation, get demoted to CW3
Are you high? this doesn't happen.
>>
>>1014145
>could elaborate on college and major?
>how much do you score on the GMAT pre-practice?

I was pre-med Biology. But as you can tell, I didnt want to go to med school. Also I literally have not looked into the GMAT until last week or so. As far as CAIA/CFA goes I know an old dude who quit his high paying job (investment banking or Hedgefund money manager... I think) and then joined the Army because of feels.

Thanks for the tip breh

>>1014150
Its not unheard of that people give up their commission and go warrant instead
>>
>>1014145
>Ivy League
>Infantry
>Not having hard-on for life experiences
Yeah ok. Even Oxford has the Rhodes scholarship.
>>
>>1013905
Infantry private here. No need to be a douche about it, sir.
>>
>>1014166
It seems you want to work in finance. Do you have any idea what do you want to do?

High ranking B-school grad here. ( yes, really. I will not say what school)

what school and what GPA? if you are a platoon CO, you should be a jock. Are you? do you play sports? would you describe yourself as a bro? These are all crucial questions and I am not fucking kidding.
>>
File: brodo.jpg (106 KB, 400x633) Image search: [Google]
brodo.jpg
106 KB, 400x633
>>1014172
Ok Im sorry. Dont call me Sir here, I wont give you an Art 15... coz IDK who you are lol

>>1014175
>Do you have any idea what do you want to do?
I have an end-state and the first three steps in mind. As far as career/jobs do? I just dont want to hate my life anymore.

>what school and what GPA?
Its a nowhere school in Jersey. My GPA is truly fucked up. Would rather not say.

>if you are a platoon CO, you should be a jock. Are you? do you play sports?
I lift and I do MMA. No fights worth noting as of yet. My Company Commander didnt sign my leave form that last time I wanted to fight because I didnt give a good answer when he asked "what are you going to do if you get fucked up?"

>would you describe yourself as a bro?
Hell-fucking-yeah!
>>
>>1014169
there is a boatload of platoon commanders leaving the Army every year. All of them are eligible on paper to get into b-school. but which one?

unless he gets a 770 on the GMAT he's shit out of luck to get into an H/S/W
>>
>>1014183
you seem like a cool dude. Would have beer with. Stick around in this thread if you can, I would gladly mentor you. My background is nothing like yours but I'll be happy to help. I am on my laptop with no battery so don't worry if I am not replying fast enough.

>I have an end-state and the first three steps in mind.
elaborate

>As far as career/jobs do? I just dont want to hate my life anymore.
you will have to be more specific than that

How much did you score on your SATs? (GMAT is standardized testing, and they are kinda sorta all alike, only it's easier to bump yourself up with the GMAT.
>>
>>1014187
Platoon Leader, I am not a Marine, dude.

So fuck. I do have 6 months to prep for this GMAT thing. The only selling point I have is that I can get Letters of Recommendation.

Oh and Im a minority. So I got that going on as well...
>>
>>1013901
Hey, Shavetail:

Why don't you shine yourself up and pay a call to Harvard and ask them to look at you and tell you the truth about getting in to HBS? Then do what they tell you to do.

Also, drop by Goldman Sachs offices in Manhattan, talk to security because no one else will, and tell them you wanted to see the place because you'd like to work there. They will pass the word around and soon Lloyd will be calling you to come by for a coffee.

Because, you see, as the great Roman warrior once said, "If I can't find a way to my goal then I will make one."
>>
>>1014193
>you seem like a cool dude. Would have beer with.
Im all up for networking and just hanging out with people! I guess that is one redeeming quality that I have.

>elaborate
Step 1: Get awesome Letters of Recommendation for HBS
Step 2: Get awesome GMAT score
Step 3: Get my MBA from HBS

>you will have to be more specific than that
Finance sounds good. Though there are probably jobs out there that I havent even heard of. Still looking into it. Up until a few months ago I thought I was going to be in the Army for 20 years. Then life happened and being in the Army is not what I want anymore.

>How much did you score on your SATs?
Thats a question I havent heard of in a long time lol I know I didnt do stellar on it. As I said, I was not a very good student.
>>
>>1014197
>Because, you see, as the great Roman warrior once said, "If I can't find a way to my goal then I will make one."

That was Hannibal. And he was attacking Rome.

Good plan, though anon. Except I really dont want to be in security. I want to actually work there.
>>
>>1014195
>Oh and Im a minority
yessssss, this is good. AA or Latino?
>>
>>1014187
He did mention AG. So if he gets some experience there, it might be something grad schools might look into.
>>
File: 1362088618397.gif (1023 KB, 396x273) Image search: [Google]
1362088618397.gif
1023 KB, 396x273
>>1014210
Both? I am Filipino lol
>>
>>1014213
so.. like... Asian? ASIAN? wrong minority bro. Yes, I know that you are nothing like the pencilneck chinamen, or dot indians but you WILL be counted as another asian student on their list, and this is not the kind of diversity these people look for.

>>1014203
you are awesome, bro. But you have to prove that you are not just an awesome bro, and a fucking hero, but also super smart (Not like a 4-eye PhD, but generally super smart, quick thinker). HBS/GSB/Wharton adcoms are literally the business of sifting through thousands of people that were winners their entire lives and seeing who is best positioned to be a billionaire or an F500 CEO. And: 1) they have a lot of candidates that sorta look like that. 2) they are very good at their job.

Don't fixate on HBS. Fixate on where do you want HBS to get you. That will actually increase your chances to get to HBS.

And start studying to that GMAT a couple months ago.
>>
>>1014211
meh
>>
File: beingwhite.jpg (97 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
beingwhite.jpg
97 KB, 1280x800
>>1014224
>so.. like... Asian? ASIAN? wrong minority bro

FUCK! Well I am an immigrant, if that helps. I got here like back in 2007 or so. Dont have an accent, I dont know why, but I just dont.

Even then, I dont think I have to list what I am. At least give me a fighting chance until the interview and when I am in the interview I could evade and obfuscate the race question. Maybe they will think I am Native American and will let me in.

>Don't fixate on HBS. Fixate on where do you want HBS to get you.

Well HBS is kind of my stepping stone into bigger and better things. My plan is a giant gray area after HBS. My focus is getting in first, and then planning what to do once I am in. I dont know if thats a good answer or if thats the right answer. This is not me not having a goal, this is me trying to keep doors open.
>>
>>1014233
>>1014230

My plan is generally;

>Get into HBS
>Study and network like a motherfucker in there
>????
>Profit
>>
File: 1450434292743.jpg (167 KB, 600x3031) Image search: [Google]
1450434292743.jpg
167 KB, 600x3031
OP here

I am drinking and I am thinking about my life and I realize; I really fucked this up!

All those nights I should have just studied! Getting laid is overrated! Sure my notch count went up more than I have asked/dreamed of but damn its not worth it! I shouldve just studied!

Fuck man this is how my life is going to go down;
>Out of the military
>Cant into HBS
>Be underemployed
>Become a broke motherfucker
>Become homeless because broke motherfucker
>Will die in a box under a bridge and nobody will care
>Then the box will catch fire

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!
>>
>>1014233
you have more than a fighting chance. You are doing ok. I wouldn't bother if I didn't think you have a chance.

>>1014238
haha no. for example, if you want to go into finance ( Read = IB ) you have to start working on that from day one to get dat dere banking internship because that's the only way you are going to get an offer.

>>1014241
no dude. it's not because you got laid. I know plenty of finance bros who got laid just fine in college. It's because you didn't know. and It's fine. Noone will tell you that you can or want to be a baller.

You sorta wanted to be a doctor. guess what, sorta wanting to do something is not going to cut it. Neither is sorta wanting to get into HBS to ??? and profit.

I am kinda of hard on you. because you can make it. but you have to get your foot in the door first.

How old are you?
>>
>>1014233
That fucking beautiful file name.
>>
>>1014248
>you have more than a fighting chance. You are doing ok. I wouldn't bother if I didn't think you have a chance.
>haha no. for example, if you want to go into finance ( Read = IB ) you have to start working on that from day one to get dat dere banking internship because that's the only way you are going to get an offer.

Ok. I am taking notes here bro.

>no dude. it's not because you got laid. I know plenty of finance bros who got laid just fine in college. It's because you didn't know. and It's fine. Noone will tell you that you can or want to be a baller.
>I am kinda of hard on you. because you can make it. but you have to get your foot in the door first.
>How old are you?

I am just saying, i wasted a lot of time hanging with the other bros and chasing skirt that I could've otherwise just used for studying and getting that GPA up. Also, I didnt want to be a doctor. Those are my parents talking.

What I wanted since I was in Highschool in the Philippines was to join the US Military. Hell I didnt even care for civilian college, I wanted to join the academy but I cant as I was not a US Citizen at the time. Or if anything at all I wanted to Enlist then go to college if I ever figure out that the military isnt for me. So since I was a spineless idiot then I compromised. I said I would finish college, then join the military as an officer. And here we are now.

I am 24.
>>
>>1014254
The past is the past. you are 24, and there are some things you won't be able to change, but you still literally have your entire life ahead of you.

you will be discharged when you will be 25. You don't have to go to B-school right away. what you need right now is something to outweigh that shitty GPA. being a CO is cool. but we need more.
>>
>>1014261
>but we need more
So what do you suggest? All I can think of is staying in and do Adjutant General like what this anon >>1014211 mentioned. At least to have some experience that way.

Adjutant General btw, to those that dont know is human resource manager type of job. So not really Finance
>>
>>1014254
notes?

GMAT. you have to score above 700 for us to start talking.

Job - you have to get a good name under your resume. I am thinking a serious management track in a US F500, perhaps?

Additionally, I am thinking European MBAs might be an interesting possibility for you ( then you have got to think Consulting rather than finance.

Maybe even going back to the Philippines, post MBA. Have you considered this? This is not necessarily a bad thing, because working for e.g. BCG in Manila, you get the same salary as working for BCG in Atlanta. Connect the dots.
>>
File: 1310265456626.jpg (853 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1310265456626.jpg
853 KB, 1920x1200
>>1014267
>GMAT. you have to score above 700 for us to start talking.
Cool. Tracking.

>Job - you have to get a good name under your resume. I am thinking a serious management track in a US F500, perhaps?
Wouldnt I need my MBA from HBS for that?

>Additionally, I am thinking European MBAs might be an interesting possibility for you ( then you have got to think Consulting rather than finance.
Consulting? I will look into that. However think about graduating HBS. Having the name alone and you are pretty much set for life!

>Maybe even going back to the Philippines, post MBA. Have you considered this? This is not necessarily a bad thing, because working for e.g. BCG in Manila, you get the same salary as working for BCG in Atlanta. Connect the dots.
I have not considered it because I really dont want to go back there. For a year at the most though? Maybe. Get my mind off of the AlphaMale-AlphaMale-Manifest-Destiny mindset.

And really? Same salary? No way dude! Im about to google that shit lmfao
>>
>>1014265
I don't think anyone gives a shit about you playing HR lady for a year. Remember, in every organization, there are core and near activities, that are selective in their recruiting, i.e. have quality personnel. You need to have these two.
That's what the best B-schools are looking for. the rest is chaff, superficial, didn't make the cut.

-You worked in IT for Bain Capital? noone gives a shit.
-You were a software developer at Walmart, pushing their e-business forward? cool.

-You stacked boxes in an Amazon warehouse in Kansas? noone cares.
-You were part of their Corporate Development team in Seattle? amazing.

I would also be creative and try to network with older alumni. How many Filipino infantry officers are there in Investment Banking or Consulting? I am willing to bet not a lot - and this is good for you, because they will be your bros.
>>
>>1014273
>However think about graduating HBS. Having the name alone and you are pretty much set for life!
nope. Nothing "sets you up for life". You just realize how easy it is to hustle, how necessary it is. It gives you more confidence (rightfully so) in your hustle, and you understand how human everyone is.

>Wouldnt I need my MBA from HBS for that?
not necessarily

>I have not considered it because I really dont want to go back there. For a year at the most though? Maybe. Get my mind off of the AlphaMale-AlphaMale-Manifest-Destiny mindset.

not a year at the most. you go to a place for the long run. if you don't want it don't do it.
>>
>>1014276
>How many Filipino infantry officers are there in Investment Banking or Consulting? I am willing to bet not a lot - and this is good for you, because they will be your bros.

I will be honest, I dont know anyone that went that path. I am sure there is someone that did. I just dont know who he is. I know someone who is pretty tight with the Filipino community in NYC though. I will hit him up.

Now that I think about it; there is only one other Filipino dude in the Infantry Officer side that I know of. Although I do have a Filipino guy in my Platoon who barely speak English
>>
>>1014280
>nope. Nothing "sets you up for life". You just realize how easy it is to hustle, how necessary it is. It gives you more confidence (rightfully so) in your hustle, and you understand how human everyone is.
I will be honest; I am also in it for the prestige of it. Also being in the forefront of the science of hustling and making $$$ is pretty awesome as well.

>not necessarily
Then how? I have 0 experience on the matter, I will kill your enemies for you, build you a patrol base, make sure sectors of fire is interlocking, make sure that my black and gold plan is squared away...

>not a year at the most. you go to a place for the long run. if you don't want it don't do it.
Yeah, no. Not Manila. I would rather be in Atlanta or the West Coast. My service in the Army have placed me in some odd locations. Want to be in a big city next.

(Also being in Benning, we used to drive to Atlanta. I like that place)
>>
>>1014273
>>1014281

It seems that you have a lot of heart and a lot of steam, and this is great. In addition to studying for the GMAT, I would advise you to read up on what the following professionals do:

-Management/ Strategic consultants
-COOs, CMOs, CFOs, CEOs,
-Investment Bankers
-Private Equity Investors
-Venture Capitalists

I would also advise you to read read a book about financial accounting, and business analysis. I know they give away older versions of these near public libraries in these handout events.

I would also consider going a specialized business master's degree like an MiM/MCom/MAcc. But only if you can get a good+cheap one in 12 months.

This is just me painting the degrees of freedom you have.
>>
File: brofist.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
brofist.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>1014280
Here is my email btw anon [email protected]
>>
File: 1390357804389.gif (1 MB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
1390357804389.gif
1 MB, 245x170
>>1013901
>Now just want to be rich as fuck
>First step is to get into an Ivy League School
are you perchance a baby boomer?
>>
File: 1373516701291.gif (212 KB, 350x210) Image search: [Google]
1373516701291.gif
212 KB, 350x210
>>1014286
>I would advise you to read up on what the following professionals do

Sorry if I am questioning everything you are throwing at me; but why? Also how in depth? From a scale of "I read some wikipedia articles" to "I know how to do their job"?

>I would also consider going a specialized business master's degree like an MiM/MCom/MAcc. But only if you can get a good+cheap one in 12 months.

Hmm this might be tough one to pull off but; with Tuition Assistance and GI bill, perhaps I could take night courses for that. All the while studying for the GMAT
>>
>>1014289
I will probably e-mail you from one of my burner acc's in a couple of days. Happy New Year.

>Sorry if I am questioning everything you are throwing at me; but why?
because the extent of your plan so far is almost literally
>HBS
>rule the universe
you have the distinct advantage/disadvantage of not knowing shit about the business world

Also how in depth? From a scale of "I read some wikipedia articles" to "I know how to do their job"?

let's start with the level of you being able to describe shortly, say a paragraph's length, how each of those gets to work with the others, i.e. how do consultants work with CMOs, how do CEOs might work with PE guys, how do CEOs work with consultants etc. etc.
>>
File: 1450466022965.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1450466022965.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
>>1014306
>HBS
>rule the universe
KEK that is right haha

Ok so learn the system. Gotcha. Thank you so much for the nuggets of knowledge. I might pass out in a few. I have been drinking since I made the thread.

And please do email me anon. I need guidance.
>>
>>1014313
I have been sorta bullshitting on the fly from my experience in applying to bschools and recruiting, but I would save this thread.
>>
>>1014313
Waaaa please help me get rich jerry
>>
Navy Ensign here, if you've been doing a good job making your bosses look good, they should be fine with writing you a letter of recommendation. If not, better start sucking up hard.

As for Harvard, like others have said, call them up and ask what kind of stuff they want on your application. Schools typically like vets BUT Harvard's exclusive as fuck so you probably won't get it. Also, you don't need to go to Harvard to get a well paying job.

You need to get much more concrete about your plans. You wouldn't plan an operation like this, in a shitty greentext, would you? Do your research, gather intel, turn it into a plan, execute. I assume they taught you something in Army OCS.
>>
>>1014413
I am still at the WARNO
>>
File: Chandler_Bing_Suicide.gif (831 KB, 271x169) Image search: [Google]
Chandler_Bing_Suicide.gif
831 KB, 271x169
>>1014378
More like; I need tips to get into HBS, Jerry!

>>1014413
Navybro, you dont understand how stupid the Army is. Especially the Infantry. It behooves oneself to not mention they want to get out of the Army or they want to be anything other than Infantry. Its a generation-gap thing. Telling your Bosses in the Army that you dont want to be in the Infantry/Army is like telling your Dad that he sucks and you dont want to be like him although its beneficial for you to not be like him.

>Know a fellow candidate from OCS
>didnt want to do the hooahh stuff
>for branching, he got picked for armor while he wanted to be finance or anything that is not combat arms
>Lt Col says "Gents, if you dont want the branch you have just let me know and we will fix it"
>friend set up a meeting
>In the meeting the Lt. Col. went red and yelled out "YOU DONT WANT TO BE IN COMBAT ARMS?! WHY THE FUCK NOT?! DONT YOU WANT TO BE A MAN?! TO BE A REAL LEADER?!"
>mfw
>>
>>1013901
Hey question for OP, do you know how much the military would cover for grad school?

I'm currently getting my bachelors in economics, and hope to be a marine officer once I graduate, and later get my masters.

>>1014241
Don't you have SC? I know all marine officers need to have SC. With that and your "leadership experience" I don't think it would be hard to get a decent job.
>>
File: airforce.jpg (55 KB, 600x485) Image search: [Google]
airforce.jpg
55 KB, 600x485
>>1014740
>Hey question for OP, do you know how much the military would cover for grad school?
Good question. Yes, they do. More like; it depends. I know in the Army there are branches like AG and Finance that would count as an MBA (or legit get you to a school for your MBA) when you go to their post-key development courses (so after one becomes a Company Commander into Field Grade Officer)

I am just hanging on to the GI Bill. I know they have limits and all. Because I dont want to stay for that long. You better start running now, btw. The Marines are very selective and at the same time the suckiest of all the branches. I think its part of their appeal

>Don't you have SC? I know all marine officers need to have SC. With that and your "leadership experience" I don't think it would be hard to get a decent job.
We all have at least a "Secret" Getting a job is not that big of a problem, the problem is;

>getting a job that pays well
>getting a "normal" job outside of Government

Hence why getting to HBS is a make it or break it for me. I could easily get a job withing the DOD and hangout in DC or whatever. But I would like to be in control of my own destiny as far as location and what job I will take.
>>
>>1014682
I got that reaction when I told my chief I want to cross-rate the fuck out of Deck..
>>
>>1014740
With 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill you can go to essentially any public or private school that is yellow ribbon. Tuition and fees covered. Plus you get BAH for the zip code of the school. Most of the top B schools are yellow ribbon now.

>NYU Stern pays about $3,750 in E-5 w/ Dep BAH
>Protip: Commute from New Jersey.
>Bank that BAH
>Get free MBA
>Meet NYC waifu
>Become Patrick Bateman
>Profit???

>>1013901 (OP)
Currently a 35D day dreaming at FT Polk. I owe another 5 years. ADSOd for Military Intelligence. fuckmeright.jpg
>>
>>1014919
>ADSOd for Military Intelligence
Fuck bro, wtf you do that for?
>>
>>1014919
I got Montgomery GI bill btw, did I dun goof?
>>
>>1014936
I had a 3.4 GPA. Drank the koolaid on Chem being a possibility. Really wanted either Infantry or MI. Plus I think eventual company command around year 4-5 will help my resume. Command time and
an MBA meshes very well civilian side. The Top Secret Clearance is also a really nice kicker. I know quite a few reserve MI LTs who got 60k starting intel jobs in DC solely because they had a pulse and a TSC.
>>1014938
You can use either. You are guaranteed 48 months of total GI Bill. I personally think the Post 9/11 is the best.
>>
File: 1355807706378.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1355807706378.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>1015063
I know a dude in Fort Polk, btw we were roommates and bros back in Benning, we tore ATL up! Awesome motherfucker, we still facebook sometimes.

Anyways yes, the TS is $$$$ I was not thinking of that at the time lol so I went with Infantry with a branch detail just so I could see what being hooahh and POG would be like. I got sick of all of it right around 6 months ago.

I will look into NYU since I am buying a 4 family house in Hoboken, New Jersey for my parents and also as another source of income.

However I have always said that the Northeast job market is too saturated. Would rather get an MBA from HBS then go to ATL or maybe San Diego and be a baller up there.

And btw, S2-bro, the HRC CG made a brief and told us about some programs that will act as incentives for officers to get out earlier. You could look into that if you want
>>
>>1015066
I agree. The cost of living in the Northeast is terrible. Going from NYC to Ft Polk, Louisiana has been a major culture shock, for better and worse. Cool thing about the South is that you can live like a fucking king with a couple hundred thousand $$. However, the people are fucking retarded. My number 1 goal here is to leave with no kids or STDs.

I have been hearing MI is over-saturated with LTs rn. I'll definitely look more into that HRC brief. Getting my MBA at 30 doesn't sound fun.
>>
>>1013901
Are you still in this thread OP?

Former infantry officer as well. I can tell you what I did if interested to get into Masters program at Clemson (though obviously not Ivy League.)
>>
File: 1437344112103.jpg (391 KB, 1280x934) Image search: [Google]
1437344112103.jpg
391 KB, 1280x934
>>1015104
Im still here, email here >>1014289 Sir if this thread reaches limit somehow.

What do you do now?

>>1015079
I am talking more about the population. Its just way too dense. And that is true about the South. Back in Columbus, GA I kept meeting chicks below 24 years old and a lot of them have kids like... ewww. Not to mention they are racist as fuck, too.
>>
>>1013901
>>Now just want to be rich as fuck
>>get into an Ivy League School

Pick one.

You stupid liberal fuck.
>>
>>1015116
>implying good credentials and a good network won't help

Are you one of those kids that think that MLM shit is real?
>>
File: 1367202051367.jpg (51 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1367202051367.jpg
51 KB, 300x900
SHIT! Now that I think about it more, the scarier this whole leaving the military gig becomes

I think I have stockholm syndrome or some shit
>>
>>1016162
Oh yeah, shit is about to get real
>>
>>1014762

Out of curiosity how much ass would you say that the special operations guys get?
>>
>>1014183
On behalf of E-4 mafia
Fuck you
>>
>>1014233
how did you emigrate? marriage?
>>
>>1016649
Long story short my grandpa fought with the Americans in WW2. He said he loved the Philippines but he hated the Japanese more.

He got a green card and eventually a US Citizenship. However some bureaucratic thing happened and his children didnt get a green card until the late 80s. So when I was born I also had a green card but I grew up in the Philippines and later on applied for US Citizenship and passed and then thats when I moved to Jersey.
>>
File: 1420431385031.jpg (38 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1420431385031.jpg
38 KB, 400x320
>>1016626
DESU if you are in the Army probably not a lot. Since you will be stationed in bumfuck in the middle of nowhere.

Girls near base are ugly, and/or whores, and those that look somewhat decent has kids (I swear people above 16 has kids here...country life!) And if you are a minority, heh, good luck.

>tfw recruiter promised you pussy
>>
>>1016684

And STO/CCT/SOW/PJs?
>>
>>1017041
Even more so; think about where those dudes operate at for work.

And at least I know for the Army that about 99% of Duty Stations are in some bumfuck remote town. Even Fort Hood, and that thing is a few minutes away from Austin.
>>
>>1017753

Well damn.
>>
>>1017761
Government wants vast, and cheap land to rent (we need it to be vast so we can set up ranges) and those are only available in bumfuck areas.
>>
>>1017806

Welp. I hear that intel in the air force is 50% female, so at least I'll be meeting with a lot of female officers.
>>
File: 1372676878473.jpg (86 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1372676878473.jpg
86 KB, 500x420
>>1017811

Thats a no-go on the females, I say again, that is a no-go on the females. Otherwise I wouldve given the D to the Distro PL already.

Bro, the entire military is being all SJW on everybody's ass. Just a whiff of a dude looking at a female service member can get you royally fucked up and with a sexual harassment case. All she has to say is that you touched her or looked at her a certain way.

Fucking srs. Thats why when I need to talk to a female I try to bring her to the Company area where there are a lot of witnesses or at a public place, NEVER in my office.

>be at Basic
>get issued Chapstick (was like "wtf")
>turns out its to prevent dudes from licking their lips
>wtf
>well it could be misconstrued as "licking your lips seductively" and will offend the feelings of the females

You'll see when you join.

It was in the military that I learned what the Tumblrinas are all about. I thought it was a meme and in no way could be real.

Now help me get into Harvard.
>>
File: you underestimate my power.gif (2 MB, 565x236) Image search: [Google]
you underestimate my power.gif
2 MB, 565x236
>>1017825

You underestimate my capability to stick my dick in crazy and evade the consequences.
>>
File: desktop-1416254517.jpg (45 KB, 608x407) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1416254517.jpg
45 KB, 608x407
>>1017849

In that case bro, you just gotta watch out on who sees/who she tells. Yes, they can report you for what you did to another person.

I miss sticking my dick and crazy :( one time I had to call the cops on my ex, but then we hooked up 2 weeks after that. Dont judge me, you didnt see dat ass tho
>>
>>1017852

My two top front teeth are veneers. My ex hit me in the mouth with a metal folding chair. My other ex tried to get me into trouble with the law out of spite, but then decided not to give over my name, leading to a very confusing arbitration that ultimately went nowhere. I know what you mean.

But regarding getting into Harvard, you have some options. Do you know about the Micromasters program at MIT?
>>
>>1017849
If we were in together we would be good friends. I love watching that shit blow up.
>>
>>1017871
>Micromasters program at MIT?

hmmmm i shall look into that, but for right now i gotta sleep bro, i still got pt tomorrow coz i didnt take leave

thanks tho man
>>
>>1017903

My suggestion was going to be that you do the online micromasters program, then transfer to Harvard once you pass.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.