[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/, I recently opened a stock portfolio, and I dont know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hey /biz/,

I recently opened a stock portfolio, and I dont know the first thing about the stock market but its primary rules: Buy low, sell high, and difersification is key.

Are there any books that could introduce me to the theory of economics, how to not fuck up with $2500 (the amount my family granted me to this account), and teach all the tricks of the market before I buy or sell anything?
>>
p-pls

self bump
>>
>>1013848
http://www.traders-library.com/Trading%20Books/

have fun
>>
>>1013868
ooh! thank you so much!

This should be in the sticky
>>
- Common stocks and uncommon profits by Philip A. Fisher
- You can be a stock market genius by Joel Greenblatt (cheesy name, good read)
- Margin of safety by Seth Klarman
- Trading to win by Ari Kiev

Start paper trading for a few months if you're new. Make sure you consider the fees and taxes that come with trading. With 2.5k, they'll be your worst enemy.
You won't find any tricks to beat the market in any of these books. You'll learn about economics, and see some (most likely outdated) examples, but no one in their right minds will share some secret that will make you a billionaire.

And for the love of god don't go to the robinhood threads. The suggestions are 25% pump and dumps, 50% memes that have been repeated for the last 3 months, and 25% profitable.
>>
>>1013848
Buy $FTR.
Hold for 40 years.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.