[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate was this movie? Should the bankers have been jailed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 640x427
How accurate was this movie? Should the bankers have been jailed?
>>
>jewlywood

Probably not even remotely accurate.
>>
>>1013681

michael lewis should know his shit

>masters in economics
>actually worked in finance
>his job is to write about finance
>>
>>1013681

what movie?
>>
Not really. Lewis is really trying to cash out on the anti Wall Street meme. He can write a good story, but his accuracy is dismal at best.
>>
>>1014299
The Big Cuck
>>
>>1013681
For what? They broke zero laws except the few who did predatory loans.
>>
>>1014339
This. I mean, there was extremely sketchy stuff going down in terms of things like dishonesty regarding credit ratings for securities, but it was all technically within the confines of the law.
>>
>>1014339
>>1014361
>enich themselves through the destruction of the economy
>lol totally okay
>please fuck me in the ass some more!
>>
>>1014368
>Butt mad poorboi who didn't profit detected
>>
>>1013681
I can't speak to the movie because I haven't seen it. However, I can speak to the trailer. What it fails to portray is that it's not just the bankers. It's also the government with a vested political interest in continual growth of the American economy through debt and the poltical aim of each American owning their own home; and the common American, deluded that they can finance things that they can't afford through excessive debt. The people who are punished are the frugal - the savers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.