[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ I'm a logistics officer in the Air Force, just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: loggie.jpg (90 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
loggie.jpg
90 KB, 600x399
Hey /biz/

I'm a logistics officer in the Air Force, just starting out. Looking to complete my MBA in the couple of years. Do you think career prospects are higher for me if I do my 20 years, get the traditional pension and get out, or look to resign my commission, take my MBA and moderate experience to the private sector?

Thanks!
>>
>I'm a logistics officer in the Air Force

So you're a glorified janitor.
>>
>>1013612
Bro I thought about going to the Air Force. You know how much retirement pays after 20 years? 20-30k. That's starting salary for college graduates. You've been successfully lured RuneScape style by the government. Good fight.
>>
In 20 years of military youll be worthless to the private sector. You brain wont even work right becuase youll think money should just come to you just because. Grind out 20 and enjoy being a welfare queen the rest of your life and get a second job babysitting idiots like you currently do
>>
>>1013614
Samefag. I will reiterate this. You will make 20-30k annually as retirement. No matter your job, you have been used like a prostitute.
>>
>>1013614
He's an officer. His retirement salary will be more like 50-70k depending on what rank he reaches and if he stays a few years extra. Read before posting.

My stepfather retired O5 (I think) after ~24 years and makes 65k/year doing nothing. He retired and went straight into a GS13 job.
>>
>>1013620
uhh... you easily make 90-100k retiring as an officer, so half that pay is decent as a supplement to more income
>>
>>1013624
thanks for having some background knowledge... anyway, I guess I know it'd be more sensible to do 20+ if I can and have the freedom to do whatever I want, whether that's a high GS position or otherwise. Just wondering if having an MBA and 4-8 years experience in a business-related career field is worth jumping into the private sector early
>>
OP ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>1013629
If I were you I'd do some math. Is the possible return for giving up your current job with benefits and everything else the af offers worth it?

Honestly I'd say yes but only if you know exactly what you're doing. If you're savvy you might hit 100k/year in the af by retirement. You could hit that next year if you're equally as savvy in the private sector. But you absolutely HAVE to know what you're doing when you get out. Do homework and talk to some people with actual knowledge and experience, not angsty high school dropouts shilling bitcoin. You're on the wrong forum.
>>
>>1013642
thank you sir
>>
>>1013614
It's 50% of your base pay for the rest of your life. Retire as a 0-4 at 40 years old and your doing pretty good. That's $45k a year until you do. Live to be 100 and that's almost $3million.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.