[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some charities recommended by /biz/? I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
What are some charities recommended by /biz/? I've been consistent with American Cancer Society, but I'd like to explore others also to add. Pic irrelevant.
>>
http://www.givewell.org
>>
Care
>>
>>1013498
Care.com?
>>
>>1013482
Will definitely browse there. Thanks.
>>
>>1013479

Salvation army does a good job at being accountable. I think it's about 90% of every dollar you spent actually goes to helping someone. Only 5% marketing costs and 5% administrative staffing costs.

If you looked at some other larger name organizations you'd be appalled at how much money actually goes towards the cause they represent.

Remember when the NFL kept doing the shitty pink socks? Remember when the MLB used those shitty pink bats? Remember when we had to save women's tits? I remember reading somewhere that the Susan G whatever the fuck they're called only spent like 10% of donations on actual cancer research.

I like kiva.org personally. It's not exactly a charity. You give out small microloans to "businesses" in 3rd world countries. Some lady in Nicaragua needs $200 for a goat so a bunch of people chip in $5. She pays it back within a year at like 2% interest. It grows their economy a lot better than giving them free shit. Free supplies puts any local business out of competition which hurts those countries in the long run. Microloans support faster growth while minimizing any negative impacts.
>>
>>1013512
Thank you for your articulate response. I've heard of these programs to loan to third world businesses, but never understood it. I will definitely check this one out and the salvation army.
>>
United Negro College Fund
>>
fuck helping people bruh.
it all just goes to niggers and fucking up the tried and true process of natural selection.

give your hard earned shekels to a local ornithology society or that group that sends vets to kill poachers.
>>
>>1013628
Ornithology? Had to look this one up. Would you say any animal rights group in general? I have thought of this. People in general stuck ass.
>>
>>1013628
Or yes help people directly, ones I choose.
>>
Hefer, actually gives people lasting things that can be used make money instead of just a few meals. Also knowing what your gonna give someone is nice unlike just giving a Brest cancer society and having boo idea where the money is gonna go.
>>
>>1013698
i would say conservation is slightly more important than rights (e.g. saving endangered birds vs zoo watch dogs groups or dog shelters), but really that's just my opinion.

>>1013700
i agree with this too
>>
>>1013512
Good post anon. I'm incredibly cynical about charity but this microloan thing sounds like something I could get behind.
>>
>>1013479

you trying to avoid taxes or something?

just pay uncle sam, we've got 20 trillion of debt to pay off
>>
against malaria fund

good cost/life saved ratio

healthy poor people = cheap dependable labor
>>
>>1013748
Laughable when only $500 is what's allowed as a write-off in nyc charitable donations. So I'm aiming for more to show genuine intent.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.