[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rate my bizness ideas: 1 - a service that allows elderly people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: BuckEyes.jpg (36 KB, 800x646) Image search: [Google]
BuckEyes.jpg
36 KB, 800x646
rate my bizness ideas:

1 - a service that allows elderly people to order groceries online, and have them delivered by a friendly young guy (or girl) to their house. particularly interesting in towns with lots of high buildings and a signficant ratio of elderly. service is marketed towards the children of the elderly, as they are much more receptive (obv).

2 - a service that connects people who want custom art, with exactly the artist that does that ttype of work, for their budget. i know sites like deviantart exist but this platform would be for a niche within a niche. pros: infinitely scaleable as you don't produce/serve, you just mantain and develop the platform. cons: potential small target audience due to the niche-ness necessary to stand out.

3 - i have a friend in china whom i could partner with to start a business selling cheaply made toys or figurines in the european market. high barrier of entry for me though, as i have no experience handling physical goods, much less when i live in barcelona, production is in shanghai (or wherever), and my clients sit mostly in the us or canada.

4 - a (i guess) generic t-shirt business in my city, capitalizing on current hipster- fashion trends and utilizing my design skills to create a flashy shiny 'brand' and interesting, creative shirt designs.

what woulud you pursue if you were me? atm i'm making around 1k€ working 3 days a week, so have plenty of time to develop anyone of these.
>>
> 0/10
Stopped reading after the first few words. Maybe in the next twenty years when the current generation becomes elder.
>>
>>1013372
2 or 3 sound good.

However you live in Spain so good luck finding capital.
>>
>>1013408

i have no idea what you are trying to tell me. i'm not trolling, no clue why you would think so.

>>1013413
why would capital be necessary? to order in bulk i assume? hm... where do i research what the sums are that these factories require for production??
>>
>>1013551
Old people don't use the internet
They don't trust transactions online
They are lonely and bored and enjoy talking to people at grocery stores
The shops are the highlight of the elderlys pathetic lives
>>
>>1013372

1 - shit-tier typical silicon valley level bullshit. you could bilk a few stupid VCs, but would then wither away before a next round.

2 - your con is why it would fail. also typical SV bullshit.

3 - did you take acid or something while thinking these up? more stupid fucking shit.

4 - have you ever been to brooklyn? half o millienials do this already while living with 10 roommates.
>>
1. Is not worth the time. You've completely situated this wrong anyway. This type of service mainly appeals to working people with no time. Old people actually like going to get their groceries because that's literally the only thing that they have to do half of the time. Another reason this would inevitably fail is because this niche is being rapidly filled by those same grocery stores which you'd be sourcing product from. Simply put, you probably can't compete with them.

2. No idea how that would work. Custom art is usually super expensive so it would have to be billed as a luxury thing.

>for European market
>clients in US or Canada

Just import from Alibaba and sell in thrift markets.

4. T shirts are a losing game senpai. You'll just end up making lame ass custom screenprint shirts and making pennies on the dollar. You probably don't have the tools available to make it profitable.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.