[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many years of study and practice are needed to become a successful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: what-if-i-told-you-daytrading.jpg (31 KB, 334x302) Image search: [Google]
what-if-i-told-you-daytrading.jpg
31 KB, 334x302
How many years of study and practice are needed to become a successful daytrader?
>>
2-4 years depending on market conditions. The harder part is putting together a bankroll to trade with. The minimum for real day trading is $25,000
>>
>>1013388
Nice stats anon, is it according with your experience?
>>
>>1013318

>year of our jesus 2006+10
>daytrading
>>
>>1013318
The majority of day traders lose their shirts or st best break even after brokerage fees. What makes you think you can succeed where others have failed?
>>
>>1013388
>>1013789
Daytrading only has a $25,000 requirement for margin accounts. Cash accounts can day trade as much as they please.

I day trade with Robinhood. 0 brokerage fees.
>>
>>1013520
Yeah. Starting from scratch it took me almost exactly 4 years to make trading my primary income.

>>1013865
Yuhp, they sure can. However, waiting for funds to clear after each transaction makes day trading on cash accounts completely impractical.
>>
>>1013865
>Daytrading only has a $25,000 requirement for margin accounts
Your confusing margin requirements and the pattern day trading rule.
to qualify for a margin account it's 2000, which lets you use leverage and shortsell. Your under PDT if you have less than 25000, which limits you to 3 day trades per 5 trading days. Your not limited to over night trades though. if you go over that your account is locked for 90 days.
>>
>>1013789
>What makes you think you can succeed where others have failed?
What a loser mentality.
>>
I thought stock trading was very luck based until you have 500k dollars to invest at which point it becomes literally free money?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.