[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would /biz/ consider getting a law degree from a university a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: loan_debt1.jpg (79 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
loan_debt1.jpg
79 KB, 1024x1024
Would /biz/ consider getting a law degree from a university a good investment? (In Australia )
>>
Becoming a lawyer in any country, besides America, is stupid already. Trust me. I'm American.
>>
>>1013648
Dumbass idea here too. Markets saturated
>>
No. The law field is enornously saturated and unlike some other fields, law can really only get you into a handful of jobs (tax law, corp law, criminal etc.) Unlike some other degrees that might have a lot more applications. If you really wanna do law or be a lawyer then go for it but if it isnt your passion probably do something else.
>>
>>1013259
Does Australia even have a code of law? That would be like getting a women's studies degree from a Saudi Arabian university
>>
>>1013259
>Law students are literally paying for internships in Australia. If you don't go to ANU, University of Sydney or Melbourne don't bother with a law degree.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-23/junior-lawyers-asked-to-pay-22,000-for-a-job/6568174
>>
Fuck no.

t. Canadian law student

The legal market here is supposedly one of the best in the world but it's dismal as fuck out here senpai. It's not a bad way to stall real life for another 3 years after getting a BA but there are much better options for you out there.
>>
>>1014006
>>1013259

Do Law if you satisfy the following:

1. You're an academic beast, as in if you can't get first class honours don't bother
2. You can get into a top tier law school, i.e. USyd, UMelb, ANU if you're struggling
3. You actually want to be a lawyer, don't even bother don't that trendy 'I need to combine with something!' bullshit
>>
>>1013259
No, law is a terrible idea. Your best career path is to be born to rich parents.
>>
>>1013999

As an Australian, I laughed at this.

Yes, mate. Our closest neighbour is a kilometre down the road and we hunt roos for dinner with a boomerang.
>>
>>1013259
If you get a law degree, don't become a lawyer.

Go to work in a corporate setting as a marketer or trader. Everyone will think you are a genius because you have a "law degree" but we all know better don't we?
>>
>>1013259

A law degree can be fucking fantastic if you already possess strong business skills. Knowing the art of the deal combined with legal knowledge allows for people to do crazy shit in business. It's like having an entire front open that most people can't cross.

I know of people who became millionaires by combining the two trades.

But beyond that, IDK if it's worth it.
>>
>>1014007
>but there are much better options for you out there.

like?
>>
>>1014402

McDonald's lmao
>>
>Australia
>picture of a person being crushed by student debt

one of these things is not like the other
>>
>>1013259
only if youre doing commerce/law
>>
>>1013259
Hey fellow Ausfag.

The law thing is meant to be getting replaced a bit by AI.

If you imagining a high flying life style think again. You could end up in shit tier legal aid job.

Only good thing is become a magistrate etc, fuck like 280K per year, with pension that pays 50% final wage for life. Fuck yeah.

If you like law you should do it, cause then its a passion and you can excel when you have passion.

Like >>1014194 said, couple it with some other skills/knowledge and then again with life skills and zero autism, fucking awesome. Knowing the law is power dude, also learn kicking boxing and bjj.
>>
>>1013999
Kekd
>>
>>1013259
Waste of time and money. If you do it, specialize in family (divorce) or commercial law.

Commerce, CompSci, and Med are the best
>>
I'm a law student in Brazil. Here we have literally more than 1000 law schools, 90% of them are bullshit. A degree from a good school can get you a good (by BR standards) job, but most of the people want to get public sector jobs anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.