[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have some cash saved up, enough to get a mortgage for an apartment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I have some cash saved up, enough to get a mortgage for an apartment.

How could use this situation to create a steady stream of income?

My mom has a house and she's currently renting upstairs and downstairs and that alone pays for her mortgage and then some.

I was thinking of saving up for a house and doing the same while living in an apartment, I rent it out and get my mortgage while getting alittle extra.

Would this work well?
>>
God, you assholes are useless.
>>
>>1013227
>taking on several hundred thousand dollars of debt in order to get less than 10% returns

Hmmmmmmmmmm
>>
In short, it depends.

If you get good renters and charge a decent enough price it can be worth, eapecially if you are living in the place as well.

I currently am doing this in a 5 bedroom house and i rented each room for 400$ which is cheap as shit here. I live rent free while making extra 400$ a month, the fact that i live rent free is worth it in itself because all my income goes into whatever investment I want and i have no bills. So it can be worth it if you do it right but its realy situational, you may end up renting to some fucktards that will screw you over.
>>
>>1013274

This situation would be very ideal for me.

Do you have any privacy concerns regarding this setup? renting every bedroom.
>>
>>1013275
Since everyone I rent to is a highschool friend, there is no real issues. All utilities are split and we buy our own food. All oir doors have locks on them but we dont use them since we all know eacother.
>>
>>1013276

>Friends

You've had no trouble with this? I'd imagine because of the friendship, that they would try to screw yo somehow ie, late payments, ect.

Also, I live on the west coast and the houses are redicoulusly expensive compared to say the other side of the country (canada). I have no desire to live in that particular province but the houses are very cheap, would it be worth it to buy one and rent it out? also, how would you go about receiving payments if you don't live in the province?
>>
The rent for a cheap 1 bedroom place here is over 900$ a month. My friends all know this, they have no reason to screw me, and I have never had an issue. Like I said you gotta know your people. All my friends have jobs and are no lowlife acrubs who would jeopardize their living situation.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.