[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sidegig General We all know one of the best ways to build wealth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1340491668083.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1340491668083.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sidegig General

We all know one of the best ways to build wealth is to have multiple sources of income.

I'm starting a sidegig polishing cars out of my garage for $200-$300 a piece

I also work at a bar at night on the weekends, which brings in $200 at least a night.

Post your sidegigs or sidegig ideas. no dicksucking pls.
>>
People pay you 2-$300 for a car polishing? That's an insane chunk of change for something that many people get for $10.00 at a local car wash.
>>
>>1013094

He's not talking about a little spray and wax polish, he's probably doing a very good and extravagant job to be able to charge $300. He probably spends 10 hours on each car.
>>
File: bahonda.jpg (54 KB, 612x480) Image search: [Google]
bahonda.jpg
54 KB, 612x480
>>1013094

>>1013097
^this guy is right

A proper cut and polish with prep work takes 6-10 hours depending on the car (paint condition, size etc)
>>
Wait tables 2-3x/week. Brings in ~50-100/night, depending on how busy we are. Sometimes up to 200.

It's amazing how far a couple shifts on the side can get you.
>>
>>1013086

Nice.

I post my stuff on detailing here from time to time. I also detail cars for $200 - $300.

Way to go man. The cash is great.

You do interiors too?
>>
>>1013118
Hey! Great to see another detailer on this board

I don't do interiors, I just specialize in paint correction. I'm lucky to live in an area that's fairly wealthy with not much competition, so I'm able to charge a bit more for a quality cut and polish job.
>>
>>1013125

cool. same.

what's your cutting method?
>>
I sell my old stuff on eBay.
>>
>>1013086

I do online classes and papers but the competition is getting pretty intense. Despite that I manage to keep my modest client base and only lose a bit of business every year as my good clients slowly graduate.
>>
>>1013162
Depends on the condition of the paint

For most jobs I use a RUPES 21, compound, polish and wax, that's my bread and butter. What most people ask for.

For more serious jobs I'll do an aggressive cut with compound and a mf cutting pad, followed by polish, ultra fine jeweller's polish, sealant and finally high quality carnauba wax.
>>
Photography (nights, weekends). Invoice at around $100/hr factoring in all of my travel, editing etc time and costs. Going to move towards weddings and aim for a wedding each fortnight -

>Can charge $4k in my city for shooting a wedding
>Outsourcing the retouching and not shooting the entire reception means it's about 10~ hours of work for $2k+ NET if all goes to plan
>>
>>1013103
200-300 to change the weather? I'm in!
>>
>>1013210
>>
>>1013086
I translate indie games and now I´m writing books to try my luck at self publishing.

Translating is nice. It´s hard to get work, but the little I get is something like 3 weeks of work, two hours a day, for a thousand bucks. Not bad at all for something I used to do for free in fan translation groups.

No info on the books yet, but hopefully it´ll build up some passive income.

I´m considering making and selling soap and candles and that kind of shit. Girlfriend likes to do it, so in the worst case we´re doing something together and enjoying the products ourselves.
>>
>>1013186

Do you wet sand with 1500, 2000 grit?
>>
>>1013509
The only time I find myself using something as aggressive as 1500 is when the paint is extremely hard and there are some serious paint defects. Most of the time 2000 is more than enough.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.