[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the proper attire for the first day of work at a business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1380616770200.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1380616770200.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
What is the proper attire for the first day of work at a business casual office? Also, what things should I bring? Just a notebook and a pen?
>>
>attire
Slacks and a button up shirt unless they tell you otherwise. Some places do pictures for id cards and othet shit and will want you dressed up, but they would have told you. Since " business casual" varies just cover your bases with slacks and a button up.

>bring
They should provide everything you need, but I always bring a leather portfolio thing that's stocked with paper, note cards, pens, and shit like that Just becuse it comes in handy.
>>
>>1012123
Good advice, anon.
>>
>>1012123
What this anon said>>1012177
. Thanks. Some people suggested wearing a tie as well. Will this make me look like a try hard or something?
>>
>>1012185

Probably not. Its more important to 'pull off' your outfit. Be comfortable, and if they're reading 'try-hard', they're just salty. Someone could just as easily perceive hard-worker.

Anyway, I dont know shit - I'm 22 and a DYELNEET
>>
A full ballroom suit with coattails. Also you'll need a tophat, cane, and monocle.

Be sure to mention oil, and say indoubtedly a lot.
>>
>>1012196
thanks. Will do!
>>
>>1012185

Not unless they require it. Did you get a chance to see how everyone else in your new team/department dressed when you interviewed? Dress like that. When in doubt, ask your new HR department what the typical dress code is for your work area.

Worst case, if you come in dressed with a tie and the dress code is more slack than this you might get some ribbing from others.
>>
>>1012728
This.

And slightly overdressing is always better than underdressing.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.