[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you missed out on the 2009-2014 ultra bull market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 14036731128261.jpg (86 KB, 584x601) Image search: [Google]
14036731128261.jpg
86 KB, 584x601
>you missed out on the 2009-2014 ultra bull market
>>
Well, just keep crying and don't learn any lessons. Don't be waiting around with some cash reserves to pick up bargains the next time the markets tank. Stay poor.
>>
>tfw you never shorted triple leveraged reits right before the crash
>>
File: live-slow-die-whenever.jpg (30 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
live-slow-die-whenever.jpg
30 KB, 235x235
>>1012009
I invested last week in the S&P 500, hopefully it doesn't crash, but even if it does I'm in for the long haul so whatever
>>
>too young for dot com boom
>missed out on serious ebay arbitrage
>missed the bitcoin boat
>missed the social network boom
>missed the mobile app store boom
>will miss the drone boom
>will miss the VR software boom
>missed out on credit default swaps
>missed out on swiss unpegging from euro opportunity
>missed out on selfie stick boom
>missed out on le so wacky christmas jumper boom
>missed out on new online media company boom
>>
>>1012040

With something like an SP500 crash, doubling down is the only smart move. If the SP breaks beyond repair then invested fiat currency is probably the least of anyones worries.
>>
>>1011989

I didnt tho

I invested the entire time and bought a house with it
>>
Spent those years learning to trade and building my war chest of tools & strategies. I'm ready to make millions when the volume picks up again, in the mean time I'm squeezing a small profit out of this shitty market.

Feels good, man.
>>
>>1012131
Old trader here. If history is any guide,there won't be any real directional action until after MLK day in the US. One never knows.
>>
>>1011989
Fucking this. Started investing the last few months and I just know that a huge fucking coming crash will cuck me hard. Eh, gotta sit it out and buy more when it actually happens. I just hope I can stay rational and do the smart thing when shit goes south. It's a lot easier to read "lmao just buy and hold forever bro" than actually not panic sell all your shit when it tanks like 30% in a week.
>>
File: yd-fashionsantasocial-yd3.jpg (108 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
yd-fashionsantasocial-yd3.jpg
108 KB, 920x920
>>1012215
I appreciate your perspective. I'm scratching my head on this liquidity drought.

Everything seemed to dry up overnight in the last week of july'14 and still hasn't even gotten back to 10% of what it was before that.
>>
>>1012042
wont miss the weed boom
>>
>>1012328
How much of that liquidity was real, Anon, and how much was just bots throwing shares back and forth at each other?

Going back to old-school technical analysis, I welcome the slow drying up of HFT volume. The only reason technicians ever gave a shit about volume is that in the 50-90s, it was a reasonable proxy for actual human (implying people with more money and presumably more brains than any individual trader) interest in a name.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.