[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much net income in a year can you expect if you own one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
How much net income in a year can you expect if you own one of these? (excluding the ship's cost). For example, a carrier with 50'000 cubic meters.
>>
tree fiddy
>>
>>1011952

> that many containers on a ship

That ship would sink in 10ft waves
>>
Profit..
Kek.
>>
Net income implies that the costs of running the ship are subtracted away. Don't be redundant, numbnuts.
>>
>>1011974

How it's depicted, yes, but if it were loaded like that the bulbous bow would be far underwater and the whole thing would be much more stable.
>>
File: cargo-shipping-ablecargo.jpg (210 KB, 575x383) Image search: [Google]
cargo-shipping-ablecargo.jpg
210 KB, 575x383
>>1011969
1.5 mill or 15 mill? I heard captains get paid more than 100k a year, so I expect it to be at least over two or three millions.

>>1011974
Samsung makes plastic shit so you could as well consider those containers empty weight.

>>1011980
I meant the buying cost, I know the fuel is already deducted.
>>
>>1011993
>1.5 mill or 15 mill? I heard captains get paid more than 100k a year, so I expect it to be at least over two or three millions.

Try several billion.

Do you honestly think you could get a fucking cargo ship for $15 million? It's larger than many yachts and needs to be built to certain specifications to be able to support such large weight as well as cranes, etc.
>>
File: vlcsnap65083.jpg (209 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap65083.jpg
209 KB, 853x480
>>1011997
b-billion?

Well, the price of the ship I saw online was less than 10 millions dollars, though it wasn't new, it was at least 10 years old, but with almost 70k cubic meters of capacity.

I didn't read the full details yet, so I cannot exclude that the engine was dead.
>>
File: 1450836219866.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1450836219866.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>1011997
>several billion for a cargo ship
>>
>>1012013 (cont.)
My bad, the ship I saw was a bulk* carrier, not container. The container carriers cost less than 3 millions, not 10.

There aren't many informations online about how much a company with carrier ships can earn, do you guys know any forums or know where to find details?
>>
>>1012045
The better question is, how much money do you need up front to finance a business like this?
>>
>>1012059
Capital intensive industries require intensive investment to get started. It's not Shart Tank.
>>
>>1011952
Not much. Freight carriers are really capital intensive.
>>
>>1011997
>>1011952
http://commercial.apolloduck.com/listings.phtml?cid=4
http://horizonship.com/ship-category/tankers-for-sale/crude-oil-tankers-for-sale/

>Try several billion.
Some of you fuckers have a pretty developed sense of humor, I'll grant you that.
>>
>>1011952
>cubic meters
Why don't you do about 30 seconds of research first big guy.

t. Ship's officer
>>
>>1012358
>http://horizonship.com/ship-category/tankers-for-sale/crude-oil-tankers-for-sale/
>110m river tanker: $495k
Dayum.
>>
>>1011952

The container shipping industry is in massive oversupply - nobody in the industry is getting close to their cost of capital right now.
>>
>>1011974
If there was a 10ft wave the boat would just rise 10ft, duh
>>
>>1011997
>several billion

I don't think OP wanted the figure in Zimbabwean Dollars, anon
>>
The ship you have posted is 21,000 TEU. Which would give daily income of $ 40,000
>>
>>1013840
and the cost is 950m
>>
>>1012543
kek

>>1013824
This guy has the right idea

Owning the ship isn't the biggest part of the business. The shipping & logistics companies are the middlemen and there's only 3 major ones, who have cartelized to boot.

You basically rent them your ship at a fixed or per/container price and let them work out the details of what youre transporting and where. If you get assigned some shitty route, you're gonna have a bad time, although the cartelization has meant a "smoothing" effect where the most and least profitable routes get paid the same to save on accountants.

so basically unless you're making your own shit and shipping it to somewhere you know you can sell it, the transportation itself isn't actually that profitable (nor would you really save that much by transporting your own shit)

T. Guy who worked at the International Maritime Organization
>>
>>1013863
>the transportation itself isn't actually that profitable
Is there not a substantial glut and oversupply in the market for shipping at the moment due to the slow down in trade and the commodities crash?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.