[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Personal finance Thread/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
/biz/

I have about 35k saved up.
got a 50k a year job now..
no debt.

what are your thoughts on leasing a car instead of buying?
Should I get a credit card?

what else should I be looking to invest in?
>>
Leasing is a waste unless you're a business and can write it off 100%.

Yes, get a credit card. Ignore the anti debt neckbeards that will inevitably post here
>>
>>1011862
yeah,
I just figured cars rapidly depreciate
buy a 10k car and its worth 8k the next year

and some leases are cheap as hell, and obviously have no maintenance fees.

see, I bought a 3k car, and spent 3k on it over the next few years.

but now that I do the math, if I did a 200 a month lease,
2400 a year on a car, isn't much better.
though id have a pretty, reliable new car.
though I don't know how insurance fits in
>>
>>1011860

I never understood buying new cars.

Just get a used beamer for 10k, make sure you give it proper maintenance, and enjoy your great looking+performing car along with the leftover money
>>
Leasing is just hire-purchasing but for cucks right?
>>
>>1011867
buying brand new is completely idiotic.

the second you sign the papers on a 35k car, the value drops to about 30k
>>
anyways,
any advice in what to invest in with about 35k in savings?

I was told about Vanguard, if any of you have any knowledge on it..

and am definitely considering real-estate
>>
give it a last bump
>>
By a certified used car. I got a 2014 ford focus with 35k miles on it for half what a new focus cost. I have a powertrain warrenty on it for 100k miles aswell
>>
>>1011939
yeah, sounds like a good middle ground.

Still would like any advice for what to do with my 35k
>>
Get a motorcycle.5 to 8k will get you performance better 99 percent of vehicles and better mileage than a prius
>>
>>1011986
I'm about a year or two off from your position, but my plan was to save up to at least 50k, closer to 100k before I start fucking with investments and shit. I don't want to get anal raped by commissions, and only having 35k can really make an impact
>>
>>1012010
yeah, just feel like I should be doing something with it.

but I want to learn about the market and trading, though im not sure where to start
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.