[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say I have a pitch for a business. I work out of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 12-frida-kahlo-09.w750.h560.2x.jpg (181 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
12-frida-kahlo-09.w750.h560.2x.jpg
181 KB, 1500x1120
Let's say I have a pitch for a business. I work out of my house, ask friends/family for funds, then go lease office space when I have too much shit that won't fit in my house

Let's say that my idea is contingent on acquiring space for construction. What kind of professional do I contact in order to research an industry? And at what point do I call for angel investors?
>>
Need more details
>>
I want to build a wind farm on the east coast, but my main concerns are
(1) how would I get funding, and
(2) is my location suitable if my first priority is to provide a service to the community, a.k.a. is the climate sufficiently windy to generate enough electricity
>>
>>1011733
^
Please don't ask questions in code. The only valuable part of any idea is it's execution, and we can't offer any insight on this secret squirrel stuff.
>>
>>1011743
You're swinging for the fences in every possible manner here. Zoning barriers requiring political connections, expensive specialized contractors, multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, huge tracts of land, and the capability to play ball with the entrenched utility cos.

Well... what of the above do you already have?
>>
putting on a trip now because I'll be posting from a different location.
>>1011749
thank you for the insight, though for me it's shortened to "nepotism will fuck you up". I have none of the above. I'm the child of immigrants. I'm barely a freshman. The only things I really have going for me are my looks and youth, and those aren't permanent.
>>
>>1011784
I don't know how you're going to ask for the millions of dollars for the infrastructure, land, real estate lawyers, regulatory bribes, engineers and steel erectors, etc if you bring literally nothing to the table but good looks and good intentions.

I guess, my only recommendation would be to become an expert in one of the above categories (law school, become a successful engineer or builder running a private firm, become a congressman, or fall ass backwards into 10's of $millions$); then, after ten or so years of meteoric rise to the top of your given field, you form a team made out of all the other parts to realize this dream.
>>
>>1011789
At the risk of understating the several layers of accomplishment standing between me and my dream, I have to say - it sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help and I hope you enjoy the holidays.
>>
>>1011805
You too bro. Good luck!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.