[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so here is a serious question, and i was thinking about this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: silkspectreii.png (679 KB, 605x611) Image search: [Google]
silkspectreii.png
679 KB, 605x611
so here is a serious question, and i was thinking about this alot,
what would you think about a VR-Café? like 30 stations with vr for gaming and 15 for chilling out and shit?
backstory:
i was trying out the HTC Vive with some demos, like walking around under water, 3d drawing, and my mind was blown.
not only does this have an amazing potential for gaming but for exploring and relaxing alike.
just imagine after a stressfull day you relax in a room of pillows and all you see is the ocean, animals and shit like that?
so what would you think about that? and what would you pay per hour/membership ? you think it's worth a shot?
>>
I've also had this thought, but it just seems impractical. The technology isn't ready for it, and there's no telling what will be the odds of it being successful when it is.
>>
File: tekken6.jpg (146 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
tekken6.jpg
146 KB, 660x495
>>1011691
HTC Vive will probably have a launch price of 750$ to 800$ this is affordable by most people, noone will want to relax in a cafe and pay an overpriced per hour price if they can do the same thing at home. Times of arcades are over
>>
>>1011691
Probably be profitable for a short while 6 months maybe, then people will just buy in VR themselves.

Except I could see gaming if you did full body input and the VR headset and all that shit. But if the games coming out are not good bye bye business.

A decent idea would be a new tech VR arcade cabinet at like a mall or the movies.
>>
Just my 2 cents, but I don't think it would catch on. At first many people would be curious, but as people see that VR isn't that great, it would just die out. Also, going to a cafe to play games/chill doesn't happen in the US too much.

Source: I have an oculus, isn't nearly as good as expected.
>>
>>1011691
Terrible idea, VR is a meme and still in its infancy regardless of whatever company trying to sell their meme glasses says.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.