[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Breeding Side Business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: BRT.jpg (78 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
BRT.jpg
78 KB, 600x400
Hey fellow au/biz/ts, how much side money do you think I can rack up in a given year from breeding Black Russian Terriers and selling their pups?
Obviously this isn't my main income, but I thought it would be a good investment.
Basically how much would it take to get each dog fed, vaccinated, and registered vs how much I can sell them for.
I looked up the price of their pups, and they go for about 2,000 each.
I was thinking I could get like 5 or 6 bitches and just let them roam my property and have each bitch have a litter a year. I believe each litter averages about 7 pups give or take 1 or 2 pups.
>>
People who buy dogs from breeders expect them to be the best of the best.

Expensive food, vet trips, supplies. Raising pups isn't a matter of feeding and cleaning. Those breeders make it their full time jobs because the puppies require massive amounts of attention of care.

Don't give the world more half-assed dogs OP.
>>
>>1011340
>What is multi tasking
It's like raising children. You feed their mother, give em some shots, and register them.
Imagine if everytime someone had a child they quit their job.
That's retarded. I'll give a section of my ass to these dogs and they'll like it.
I'll get some quality showdog bloodline dogs, but if someone expects me to bend over backwards and toss my own salad, they can suck it.
>>
>>1011330
I'll breed your mom's pussy senpai.

I'll do it for free tho
>>
>>1011349
But they're not your children. You're using them as a business, the same paternal instincts/duties don't apply. What you're doing is akin to opening a daycare.

And if you already made up your mind then why are you asking /biz/?
>>
>>1011379
Im asking about profit margins here. Nothing more.
1 Litter per bitch a year, don't want to overwhelm the dogs.
>>
>>1011330

Seems like a lot or work and chaotic lifestyle for not much money.

Also dog purists are a PITA to deal with.

but if thats what yur into go for it.
>>
more expensive than you think.

I've heard of breeders flying dogs in from across the country to fuck their bitches for a few weeks so that their pups don't get too inbred.
>>
>>1011389
This.
Consider the fact that even properly pedigreed, all these dogs are coming from the same family, and the more pups you farm out of these dogs, the less each one will be worth.
Ethics aside, the dogs require a lot of money into feeding, shots, and eventually veterinary care for the old dogs.
>>
>>1011397
yeah. It's not really a business model that is worth your time-it should be a labor of love more than anything else or else all of the negative externalities will drive you nuts.

keep in mind you have to compete against other established names in the market and pedigreed dogs are pretty boutique You won't get ahead by underselling a puppy against an established breeding family that has been in the business for generations.
>>
Do I even have to report this?

I mean whats stopping me from buying a female and male golden retriever breeding them, and then posting an ad on criaglists "Female dog just gave birth, selling golden retriever pups for 250 dollars.
>>
File: Pepe6.png (662 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pepe6.png
662 KB, 862x1000
>>1011405
>>1011397
Neither of you guys have ever worked 2+ jobs, or a job + school, have you?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.