[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Futures Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Trading.jpg (216 KB, 414x290) Image search: [Google]
Trading.jpg
216 KB, 414x290
Futures trading looks simple enough, but why do 95% of investors go broke within the first year?

What does it take to be a successful futures trader?

Futures General
>>
>>1011006
simple. they trade too big
>>
File: aron-1-spyexam.png (29 KB, 520x429) Image search: [Google]
aron-1-spyexam.png
29 KB, 520x429
What's your favorite indicator, /biz/?

I like to use the Aroon a lot.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:aroon
>>
>>1011006
>but why do 95% of investors go broke within the first year?

95% of UNTRAINED investors (traders) go broke in the first year.

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>1011006
>What does it take to be a successful futures trader?

having an edge

the concept of trading a future is simple, sure... but the markets are very competitive

if you wan't to make money you need to find an edge that lots of others haven't found or that isn't worth bigger players exploiting etc..
>>
the thing with trading is it takes a long time to really get it right(sure, there are some outliers etc), especially if you're doing it all alone. you really want to either get a junior trader job at a firm with a history of training succesful traders, or develop some mentor relationship with an experienced trader. you need time, money, discipline, be willing to put in a lot of work, be willing to take risks and a bit of luck helps too. ive trading professionally for 8 years now, both as a prop trader at a firm and as an individual exchange member and the truth is its by far the hardest thing ive ever done, and the most rewarding both financially and mentally. in my opinion, being a trader is so much work and stress its really only worth it if you can become good at it. being a trader thats just "getting by" or doing ok is not a life to want to live. so if youre genuinly interested in it, and you enjoy and have a talent for the type of work you do as a trader(analytical, descision making, working with numbers, risk taking/managing type of stuff) then it may be for you. otherwise just go do something else that is safer and easier to make money with. i have days where i really wish i was doing something else with my life, but its like that with every job i guess..
>>
>>1011006
because its a zero sum game, there is no edge the market is random.

corporations/banks do not seculate on those market fot that reasons, they just use it to hedge their real (physical assets) thats it.

>inb4 hurr durr but i trade successfully with my magic indicator and my $100 webinar

eat dicks, i'v been there for 20 years, worked for a large oil company an a bank.
they don't speculate on those.
>>
why does TDA require a margin account to trade futures
>>
>>1012219
Where can I trade pepecoin?
>>
>>1012644
If you have to ask this question, then you should not be trading futures.
>>
>>1012674
I don't, but I want to learn
>>
>>1011006
Why do 95% of golfers play a shiity game? Because they've never taken LESSONS.
>>
>>1011006

>up 7k this month thanks to ES and CL futures

most people lose because they don't have experience and can't manage risk
>>
>>1011006
>but why do 95% of investors go broke within the first year?

Way to adventurous with their portfolio. Panic sell when shit turns sour and rely on bullshit like technical analyses.
>>
>>1011006
People tend to go bust more frequently with leveraged products like futures.

>>1012644
Because it's leveraged.
>>
>>1012754
So how can I learn how to get into futures trading?
>>
>>1012760
You should research the characteristics of futures first. If I recall correctly, futures exchanges provide descriptions of their contracts and their respective initial and maintenance margins, etc. Worst case you can just look it up on investopedia.

Beyond that futures trade in mostly the same way that any other standardized security does.
>>
>>1012716
>rely on bullshit like technical analyses.
Shut your dirty whore mouth!
>>
File: 1450195725874.jpg (93 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
1450195725874.jpg
93 KB, 600x448
>>1012213
I find it odd that I still have this question after having read and looked into it for some time, but where does one even start?
The though of reading the news and sifting through financial data really doesn't seem like it would bare much fruit. Does this change after passing some learning curve or is there something I'm missing
>>
>>1013731
You're missing nothing.
You'll do fine.
Keep at it billy bob
>>
File: aku53.gif (11 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
aku53.gif
11 KB, 142x142
>>1013731
>reading the news and sifting through financial data really

that's how you do NOT do it
>>
>>1014478
Wrong! That's how you do it!
All he needs is a positive attitude on top.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.