[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work in sales >get new coworker >3 months in >in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1435855404605.png (315 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1435855404605.png
315 KB, 640x480
>work in sales
>get new coworker
>3 months in
>in all that time didnt made a single sale
>just sits at his desk browsing in the internet
>nobody even bothers telling him that he should do something
>ask coworker about him
>"Ah anon, he is a nice guy just give him some time"

>rememeber my own first month
>got pressured to sale from the very beginning
>had to report the status of my projects almost every week to my boss
>made over 30% of all sales last year, still nobody is satisfied with my me
>ask about his education. "he is just familiar with our products."
>i have a master in business education
>he also earns just slighty less than me

how can I deal with this shit? i am literally turning into frank grimes here
>>
Talk to him... Then pass along you heard he will get fired
>>
It's simple, you kill the bad-salesman
>>
>>1010849
Sounds like you could get a better job.
>>
>>1010849

Mockingly imitate him in front of everyone
>>
Get a ski mask and take a baseball bat to his shins after work in the parking lot
>>
>>1010849
If you made a third of your department's sales you'd be considered very valuable by your employers, and you'd have a little clout. You sound like a bitch with a victim complex, this is probably the guy they've hired to replace you with.
>>
>>1010849
Is it your company? No? Then don't worry about it.
>>
File: en_kerro1.png (5 KB, 142x142) Image search: [Google]
en_kerro1.png
5 KB, 142x142
>>1010849
>>i have a master in business education

any monkey can do that. literally no better than liberal arts.

>how can I deal with this shit?

you are a fucking moron. just because you are compensating your shittyness working hard doesnt mean everybody else is stupid as you. your co-worker is clearly smarter than you, he takes it easy.
>>
Why do you even care? Don't you have sales to make?
>>
>>1010849
>
what do you sell ?
>>
>>1010849

Are you ugly and/or your faggot co worker looks considerably more handsome than you by any chance?
>>
You are /just now/ becoming frank grimes?
Welcome to the real world. Nobody cares if you produce. They only thing people care about is if they like you. Do you know the people that get promoted? It's the people who take more breaks and hang around the lunch room chatting people up and doing less work. It's no wonder the U.S. Economy is fucked.
>>
This is a good thing OP. Take all of his sales, then ask for a raise or a bonus for all your hard work. If they give it, good, if they don't, stay on for two months - the first to gradually start destroying rapport with your clients for the company or shifting them to competitors your might work for, and the second to apply for other jobs and put in your two weeks etc. - if you are really doing 30% of their sales theg have a lot of reasons to keep you happy and clearly you know a lot of clients, all of which you could either poach or alienate, damaging the company enormously.
>>
>>1010937
>he thinks middle management cares
They can easier replace sales, even good salesman. All he manger cares about is the quarterly report and raises look bad.
>>
>>1010866
This. Sales is all about performance. You preformed since day 1 and continue to preform. You can preform somewhere less for more money easily.

>>1010920
>It's no wonder the U.S. Economy is fucked.

Aside from an uptick in chronic long term unemployment the US economy is the best in the world as of right now. With the way technology is now people get more done before lunch than they did 30 years ago.
>>
>>1010849
>pulling in 30% of sales
man just leave that place and take clients with you if you can. no idea why you're still dealing with that shit
>>
>>1010849
Get a new job man.
>>
How to get a job in Sales without a degree?
>>
>>1010973
Plenty of sales jobs don't require a degree or experience.
>>
>>1010849
>ask coworker about him
In other words you were bitching about him

Why do you care unless his slacking projects a bad image about the work you do? Let the guy make his money in peace while posting dank memes
>>
>>1010946

>raises look bad
>wage cucks actually believe this
>actually think they're getting paid enough and don't ask for a raise every year at leat to compensate inflation

If this guy made 30% of the sales last year losing him looks way WAY worse than giving him a proper raise and doing everything you do to keep him.
>>
>>1010866

this.

also I would talk to your boss in private about the guy. It's possible the guy is like the company presidents's son, boss's wife's nephew, one of those kinds of things.

Also, if you were brought into a pressure sale environment it sounds like your job sucks dick.

I worked in a pressure sales office for 6 months and it was fuckin horrible bro. I'd put a gun to my head if I had to stay there for more than a few years.
>>
>>1010920

not true at all.

Being likeable scores points, and sexual favors still undercut things, but performance is king.

especially in sales. If you are a killer salesman, you could take a shit on your boss's desk and prob still not get fired. Salesmen are litterally bringing the company money in.
>>
>>1010849
>made over 30% of all sales last year
I'd point that out to your boss and ask for a raise.

What's your incentive to sell more product if you don't actually get any bonuses out of it?
>>
inb4 OP goes to his boss whining about the new coworker and gets fired for toxic workplace behavior.

Seriously though, don't bitch to your boss about other employees. If you can help it never bitch to anyone at your company about anyone else who works there. That sort of shit comes back to haunt you in ways you can't even begin to imagine.
>>
>>1010849
Nepotism.

Also, you're a bitch. I use that in a technical sense.
You are your firm's Jesse Pinkman. You just keep saying "Thank you sir, may I have another?"
>>
>>1010973
Step 1: Go to any car dealership or retail store.
Step 2: Apply.

After a few months to a year of experience go somewhere with a better pay rate/commission
>>
>>1010973
Are you serious, anon? When I was 18 I just applied to places that looked fancy and big. I got into a CFD broker company, sales. I don't even have a college degree. They taught me everything on the spot. I don't work in sales anymore though. Now I work in media planing/research company. Still no higher education.
Just apply and try to be likable. Then learn everything on the spot FAST. After about 50 declines you will find some cool place where they will gladly accept you. Just keep trying.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.