[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any tips on saving money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1444564652866.jpg (157 KB, 1928x1568) Image search: [Google]
1444564652866.jpg
157 KB, 1928x1568
Any tips on saving money?
>>
Stop being a frogposting NEET
>>
>>1010613
Make more spend less
>>
>>1010613
Making more money.

Every popular book about getting rich involves already having a decent revenue stream. They assume you can cover costs of living, they assume you can throw decent amounts of money into investments, they assume you're wasting thousands per year that you shouldn't, they assume you can put down payments on rental properties, they assume you know people who can invest in your business ideas.
>>
If you skimp, you can do it. I work part time minimum wage and managed to improve my net asset balance by almost 2500 dollars last year, as well as provide all my means.

Full disclosure: I do live with my girlfriend, so we get some cost advantages of a shared household, but none that couldn't be achieved by renting a room instead of a 1 bedroom with her. I never pay her household expenses and neither does she me.

Full disclosure 2: I also live in a state with a 10/hr minimum wage and fucklow cost of living (rural western WA).
>>
>>1010613
Save more money lmao
>>
Cook your own food, only buy cheap stuff like potatoes and frozen fish and buy in bulk. Wean yourself off all luxury. Stop being a consumerist slave.
>>
>>1010613
Auotomate it. Use direct deposit and set up to automatically put some in another account.
>>
>>1010613
biggest expenses for most people are food, housing and transportation. if you can bring the costs of any of these down you could make a lot of headway. roommate with someone instead, ride a bicycle, eat ramen, etc.
>>
>>1010613
>Always think twice about purchases
>If you wanna slerg, say like a new TV - then you have to save that amount x 1.5 before you spend
>Cut down on food budget - learn to cook
And get a better paying job
>>
>>1010615
I'm a useless NEET and by the gods would I never waste a cent of my money.
>>
>>1010613
Is it fun? Don't do it.

There you go, you're rich.
>>
Spend some time and write down a list of everything you spend money on in a month, then remove 30% of it.

Spend money on parking? Park across the street and walk.
Go out to eat 5-8 times a month? Turn that into 2-3.
Buy lunch at the cafeteria? Brown bag that shit.
Need a new piece of furniture? /diy/.
Like to buy video games? Rent/pirate/f2p
Need to buy something in general? Make sure the description reads "used".
Have a regular errand you run that's somewhat nearby? Walk or ride your bike there. Now you don't have to use gas OR go to the gym.
>>
>>1010613

Sure man. I know all about it.

Here's what you do:

Whatever you make, like whatever amount you make, you take a portion of that money and you don't spend it. You put it into an account, stock or fund. And then that money has by definition, been "saved".

So just to reitterate: the amount you make, you spend less than that amount. The remaining amount is then not spent, and placed somewhere else.

I hope this helped clear things up.
>>
>>1014780
About the walking part negating going to the gym, that could be established if you set up a decent bodyweight exercise structure. I used to lurk on /fit/ and I would get a lot of shit for this, but if you cook more instead of eating junk food and takeaways as well as do bodyweight exercises regularly, that could be enough for keeping in shape.

If you think of getting a gym membership, try that for a couple months and get a good supply of exercise/nutrition info and then decide if you still need to go to the gym.
>>
>>1010613
Stop spending money on some of those things you currently spend money on.
>>
>>1014983
I think this really depends on your fitness goals. If you just want to not be a fatass you don't really need a gym memebership. If your goals involve getting real big real fast or losing a whole lot of weight then it will be pretty hard to do without having access to that equipment, either through a gym membership or buying it yourself.
>>
>>1014988
Exactly. I also believe that in general, to look fit compared to all the fatasses around the world today, it works fine. But to actually possess an imposing physique (NOT being huge but proportional) a gym is unavoidable.
>>
>>1014983
Planet fitness (or a local equivalent) are $10 a month I think. That's 1 hours work for a month of a luxury.
You get what you pay for though.
>>
>>1010613

Have you tried inheriting your parents' hotel chain? Why don't your parents have a hotel chain? WHat the fuck are you doing?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.