[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /biz/, poorfag wageslave here. I'm in the midst of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1377177199000-madonnaclose.jpg (41 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1377177199000-madonnaclose.jpg
41 KB, 534x401
Hello /biz/, poorfag wageslave here.

I'm in the midst of renovating my life and escaping my circumstances, which is beginning with working 2 jobs which will allow me to put away about (a measly) $700 a month.

What would you guys do with the $1500 I currently have, and the money I'm going to be adding to it each month?
>>
File: 1401122007878.png (361 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1401122007878.png
361 KB, 480x720
>>1010393
prostitutes and cocaine.
>>
>>1010393
Good for you and best of luck.

With these low sums the best thing you can do to start with is to use it to minimise your outgoings.

You see, many people have no savings and have to do everything on credit.

Can you prepay your cellphone 12 months in advance and save some outlay? Buy the giant box of laundry powder. Bulk buy on all sorts of non perishable items. Buy clothes out if season in the sale for next year.

Sounds like not much reward, but the funds you have aren't really big enough to invest and doing the above will probably beat the interest you would receive in a savings account.
>>
>>1010393
>12k emergency fund so you can keep living long enough to get a new job if laid off
>6k car fund so you can get a decent used car ASAP if yours is utterly destroyed or stolen
>pay off all debts
>save up 3k for the minimum deposit on a vanguard ETF (VOO will do fine for you).
>put a little bit more into vanguard each month

Do these steps in this order, OP. Plenty of people will tell you to work on your IRA or 401K, but that's for people making a moderate living. Your margins are too low to worry about 40 years from now, you have to worry about next year.
>>
>>1010551
VOO is good though if you have that 40 year time span. If he has to worry about the next year, a bond technically works better. It's like a person nearing retirement who can't afford a capital loss
>>
>>1010505
I like this idea op. The best way for you to make money right now is to save money on the things you already buy.

But also, build up to a 10k account, like a money market or something that is liquid incase shit happens.
>>
Make a budget if you haven't already. Put a part of your income into each category monthly until you build a decent safety surplus.
>>
>>1010505
Actually having this little money is probably a good time starting to buy index funds/ETFs.

He will get a good average price over time and then compound interest starts working in his favour.

But minimising outgoings is always a good idea, doesn't matter if you make 20 k or 200 k it's always a wise thing to do.
>>
>>1010393
>$700 a month
That could pay for community college. Get an associates degree that will highly likely lead to better pay and opportunities for you.
>>
>>1010393

>working 2 jobs

Forever trapped cuck. Get a single proper job. Try to get out if this shit as quickly as possible
>>
>>1011161
Become an electrician or something instead 2bh. Better pay than most "jobs" you can get through uni and probably easier to find a job too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.