[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advertising?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 20151119_205106.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151119_205106.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
I own a mattress store. I use bookoo.com, facebook, craigslist, and offerup to sell. Doesn't anyone have any suggestions on other websites I could be using other than the obvious ebay.
>>
dating websites. a lot of people like to use a matress when they fuck.

your welcome
>>
You at a college town?
>>
>>1010178
No I'm actually in an amazing spot. It's in between two of the biggest suburbs in illinois. There are a ton of higher end mattress retailers in the area.. I have better prices though
>>
>>1010167
>>1010182
I would definitely try to focus on the customer experience then and increase ratings on site like yelp or google

If it's 2 suburbs you live by, then word of mouth would be your best bet in my opinion as the communities would be closer knit and interact with each other more

Maybe up your prices a bit if its competitive with other stores and then offer some kind of program like a loyalty program or friend referral program
>>
>>1010167
try making funny videos and posting them online. hopefully one goes viral
>>
>>1010383
Pretty much all you can do. Most online ads aren't effective for something like mattresses since nobody will buy one on a whim, they just need your business name and location in their head.

If it's not a franchise that you own, you could give the store a facelift. Modernize it and make it appeal to the demographic around you
>>
>>1010383
>>1010411
>>1010356

thanks for the ideas.
>>
>>1010167
Do you sell headboards, platforms, and other bedding accessories along with your mattresses?
>>
>>1011723
I sell headboards, adjustable bases, frames, mattress protectors and pillows
>>
>>1011793
Are you open to new vendors for headboards and such? Not sure what moq and markups you're working with currently, but I can probably beat both on rustic, industrial, or shabbychic product.
>>
>>1011798
yea im open to new concepts but that doesn't mean I would take a financial risk. If you're willing to give me a floor model of your product to see how it does on my floor I'd be willing to give you the opportunity.,
>>
yelp maybe?
>>
>>1011820
You show me what you're looking for/tell me the price i have to beat, pay for the shipping, I'd be down for that arrangement. If the samples move, we can set up something a bit more formal.

broswoodwork [at] gmail
>>
>>1011825
I'm small, but this isn't my first rodeo. I just settled the details on a contract to build all new red oak table tops for a nation wide bar and grill (200 restaurants), so im confident i can deliver some shit that'll sell at near China prices without you needing to order 40 cubic meters worth.
>>
>>1011836
I'll email you saturday.
>>
OP I imagine Adwords and Bing Ads would work well for your business. You can do it yourself after reading a how to book. I use it for my business and it's been good for a 10:1 ROI for me for years. I've got them maxed out and spend about $2k a year, brings in $20 to $30k in business.
>>
Google maps. Have it show a friendly picture of the inside of your store, preferably with people in it. I just feel like a completely empty mattress store would be creepy as hell. But seriously, you want people googling mattress store to find your store and like it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.