[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SHORTS/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
Bears post your shorts

AAPL Pretty sure they've got to hold onto their butts.

BBRY, though I'm not sure about this one. seems like a takeover risk.
>>
>>1009094
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-19/devastated-trader-crushed-soaring-biotech-starts-onling-begging-campaign-fund-106000
>>
Short freedom, democracy, and AMD.
>>
got lucky with KBIO last week
>>
>>1009095
he shorted a $2 Biotech dollar stock. He deserves everything that came to him.

Its kind of what got me out of BBRY at around 8$
>>
Is it even possible to make any real capital as a bear trader that doesn't manage a hedgefund or someshit?
>>
>>1009095
no stoploss no shits given
>>
>>1009326
He had a stop, it blew straight through it. Thank god the exchanges are doing away with these shitty things.
>>
>>1009094
>AAPL
lol
>>
>>1009095
I'm quite new to trading. How did he lose money when the stock went from $2/share to $16/share?
>>
>>1009464

He went short - sold shares at 2$ and bought (covered) at 16$.
>>
>>1009094
I bought about $500 worth of Nike 126 puts set to expire on the 24th. Earnings call is happening right now. I'm probably gonna get fleeced but I had to try.
>>
Did a report on the fashion industry, here are my shorts:
KORS - Tacky brand, lost a lot of his identity as a semi-exclusive/low-high end brand. Share price has been dropping for a while

GAP - bad strategy, always heavy discounting of their products. their clothes do not appeal to their customers anymore, as they make the same clothes year after year

PVH - mid-tier brands which do not appeal anymore, such as Calvin Klein (gaining some popularity lately due to the rebranding of their underwear line as they have collaborated with lots of celebrities and taken a lot of advantage of social medias to promote their brand), Tommy Hilfiger etc. Also one of the worst companies in the industry regarding sustainability as they have been accused for bribery, threats etc.
>>
>>1009817
Why puts? Nike is becoming better and better
>>
File: not even once.jpg (36 KB, 680x505) Image search: [Google]
not even once.jpg
36 KB, 680x505
>shorting apple
care to explain?
>>
>>1009892
They have record leverage, their revenue is declining and interest rates on their debt should be rising. I'm sure they'll just borrow more to force the shares higher but it's beyond obvious that they're in bubble territory.
>>
I have no shorts. I'd rather buy puts (I know the time horizon can be tricky) but I think Fitbit, Herbalife, and a bunch of US oil companies are circling the toilet bowl right now. Gopro is another one I don't understand.
>>
File: 1326747248183.jpg (6 KB, 213x219) Image search: [Google]
1326747248183.jpg
6 KB, 213x219
>>1009094
>I am short AAPL

lmao this nigga is gonna end up like >>1009095
>>
>>1009966
i just looked at their balance sheet, they have just under 4 bil in cash on hand and only 1 bil in long term debt. not sure what you were expecting. not saying they couldn't have missed on earnings but stock's up 3 bucks after hours, your puts are worthless
>>
>>1010155
So your saying apple is going to go 8x by February. Good thing I bought puts. LOL.

Last price was 107, when do you think its going to hit 856.
>>
File: lil dick cheney.jpg (289 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
lil dick cheney.jpg
289 KB, 750x500
Thoughts on shorting HAL?
>>
can someone explain shorting and putting. When I trade I see these but am a little leary of interfacing with them.
>>
>>1010303

The simple explanation is as follows:

>In a short you essentially borrow shares that you sell and repurchase later at a discount, selling back to the "lender".
>In writing a put you contract buying a set number of shares at a certain price, and when buying a put option you buy the right to sell a certain number of shares at that price from someone who wrote a put option contract
>>
>>1010306

ahh makes sense. Thanks!
>>
>>1009966
In a 5 year history, Nike has not missed an earnings report. Are you contrarian because you think it makes you cool?
Why stand in the way of a moving train?
>>
File: stooq.png (7 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
stooq.png
7 KB, 800x550
>>1009892
>>1010223
>>1010343
They just reported that revenue has declined since the same period last year even though the price is up 35%. The margin debt is growing as fast as their stock price. I'm contrarian because all good bull runs die. It's just how it is. I see that people are buying it speculatively and not fundamentally.
>>
>>1010371
http://www.wsj.com/articles/nikes-profit-and-revenue-climb-1450819665

>Nike posted net income of $785 million, up from $655 million a year earlier, while revenue rose 4% to $7.69 billion for the quarter ended Nov. 30. Excluding currency fluctuations, Nike said revenue rose 12%.
>>
File: laughing panda express waiter.jpg (8 KB, 153x172) Image search: [Google]
laughing panda express waiter.jpg
8 KB, 153x172
>>1009094
>shorting apple

you poor, ignorant jackass.
>>
File: 2015-12-23-PROPHET.png (109 KB, 1518x983) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23-PROPHET.png
109 KB, 1518x983
>>1009905
These are the support/resistance areas and trends I see. I did a downside ratio spread up at 112 though, the short calls already came in. Hoping the stack up way otm 96 puts come in.

I think iwatch a shit, tim cook a shit, 6s a shit, apple maps you serious,
>>
>>1010302
Haliburton is very near multi year lows. but nearing the levels of their biggest single in history. Around 32.50 and it all came tumbling down. but you're trying to to go through some
fat resistance.

Its not a perfect short, but with tight stops it should be fine. Its highly in line with oil.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 960x603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 960x603
>>1010373
The fundamentals and technicals are fucked. NIKE execs did this to themselves. They could have easily taken a stance against excessive credit pumping in share prices but instead, they did the eexact opposite.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 960x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 960x602
>>1010694
You idiots are essentially falling for criminal accounting activity.
>>
I have 8 put options at fcx @ $7 that I forgot I had (bought em a while back for like $.17 each. Just checked to see what the hell is going on, went from +400 to -$48 today.

/suicide
>>
I've shorted XOM. wish me luck
>>
>>1010694
Shamitah
>>
>>1010814
>shorting XOM now of all times when oil seems to have found it's bottom

You're gonna need all the luck in the world pal.
>>
12/18/2014 Sold Short 100 NKE @ 96.73

12/19/2014 Bought to Cover 100 NKE @ 94.4
>>
ATI if you think oil will fall again and the dollar will get stronger
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.