[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody else here a victim of job shaming? >graduate with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1445012163174.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1445012163174.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
Is anybody else here a victim of job shaming?

>graduate with a engineering degree
>can't find a job because the Canadian economy is fucked
>start working some labour job making $18/h
>family is together for Christmas
>they ask me what I do and tell them they reply with "oh..." and a look of disappointment

Suicide is the only remaining option
>>
White cis male with degree in Biochem.

Currently a manager for a bar.

Feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>1008990
>>1008980
I bet both of you have 0 interpersonal skills, or you were both retarded in Uni
>>
Start a business OP. Fuck what others think. Make yourself happy.
>>
>>1008980
I'm a college dropout and I work in an insurance firm as an underwriter where I make 50k £ and I'm only 24.

I own a flat so I don't pay rent and my family is rich and in 6 years I will leave my job and help run the family business.

Good luck OP I'm sure you'll make it.
>>
>>1008980

Not really. My family runs the gamut from 'unemployed junkie' to 'mining engineer making $100K+', so my $24K a year is in the rough middle.
>>
>>1008980
>>1008990

You guys need to push harder for a job in your field. Yeah an entry level position may not pay well but you need to build a resume.

I have a friend like you. Spent $70k of his parent's money getting a commercial helicopter license but didn't push hard enough for a job. He's 28 now and hasn't flown in years. Hates his 15/hr 9-5 and regrets it all the time.
>>
Suicide is never an option. I know you'll get it through. Just keep going. Try reading this article. It might help. - http://www.g-tome.com/if-you-dont-know-what-to-do-next-in-your-life-read-these-5-strategies/
or
http://www.g-tome.com
>>
>>1008980
>26
>I'm the highest educated person out of all the living relatives of mine
>Be an manager level it consultant
>Make decent bank
>Only one in my family who knows the concept of saving money
>On top of that I'm getting married soon, am good looking and look athletic (even though I'm not).

I get no shaming at all. Doesn't help me from getting depressed from time to time, due to how shitty humanity is.

I wish you all the best OP, you can make it still.
>>
>>1008990
I went to school for bio/biochem, ended up in IT. Now making 105k @ 26.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 395x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 395x533
>>1008980
>"victim" of job shaming
>economy is fucked

Stop waiting for external factors to fix your life. Get a job in your field to get some experience. Move if you have to. It's almost as bad as when I see accounting graduates unable to find jobs, there's literally millions of jobsand you're fresh out of school willing to work cheaper. Stop distracting yourself with manual labor and self pity and get those resumes out there - that's how you take control over blaming the economy and being a victim in any sense.

As much of a bummer as it is, IF you want to change something, time to grow the fuck up and take control of your own life. Pic related.
>>
>>1008980

> hanging out with people who do that kinda shit

Sounds like you need to distance yourself from these faggots. I know they type exactly, and they are faggots.
>>
At one point I was bartending a few years after school.

Multiple times people asked me, while I was behind the bar serving them, "So, what do you do?"

I'M AT WORK MOTHERFUCKER HOW IS THIS UNCLEAR
>>
File: 1405903490361.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1405903490361.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>1011312
>Get a job in your field to get some experience

Gee why didn't I think of that
>>
>>1011358
You probably didn't think of that since you're a fucking loser that thinks everything should be handed to them. When things go wrong, it's someone else's/society's fault and you're helpless.

Getting a job in your field, even one of junior position below what you were hoping with your degree, can better your situation towards a job you want than the manual labor job you have now.

Stop making excuses and brainstorming the reasons you cannot do this and instead think of ways you can.

Alternatively, work on you mental health to realize your job/income doesn't define you as a person and fuck the people that use it to define you.
>>
>>1011552
>work on you mental health to realize your job/income doesn't define you

Envy/comparison will always fuck with your head though, unless you go full ascetic. I'm dating a girl whose ex was well off enough to take her on long vacations to other countries, and paid her way into a gorgeous downtown loft... I like my job and I can tell she's getting the best dickings of her life, but I kind of think the easy life might have ruined her.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.