[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into NYU Stern Undergrad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: stern.jpg (11 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
stern.jpg
11 KB, 400x400
I am a senior with scores and GPA in range of acceptance into Stern. But what I want are potential hooks that I can write in my essay to make me more desirable
>>
>>1008949
>12/21/15
>Jan 1 deadline
nigga
>>
minority, low income, got anything like that? Im pretty sure NYU doesnt care about legacy
>>
>>1008953
I'm an international student.
>>
>>1008949
say you are the last of your kind
say you are doing everything for the betterment of mankind
shave your head
say you are fleeing the fire nation
>>
>>1008949
I sent in ED application and they fucking rejected me, fuck them.

I didn't have the scores but whatever.

It is very competitive with all the asians. Good luck anon

I hope Boston university accepts me
>>
>>1009140
can you afford 70k/yr with a 3-5% increase per year? they give little to no finaid to internationals and admissions are need-aware for you, so you have to factor that in as well
>>
>>1009140
Can you pay teh full tuition?
If no, then your chances are low.
>>
>>1009325
>>1009327
What other options do I have seeing that I cannot afford the full tuition?
>>
>>1009330
seen*
>>
>>1009330
see >>1008951
that's the deadline for most US private unis, state unis are all different, so you better start looking elsewhere asap

why Stern and why the US?
>>
>>1009343
and whats the most you can afford
>>
>>1009343
>>1009347
>why the US?
Because it has one of if not the best education systems in the world. Plus I find it has an easy process of admission.

I'm pretty sure some private unis offer financial aid, otherwise there wouldn't be so many international applicants (especially from Asia).
>>
>>1008949
Look buddy, Stern is not the place for you and for anyone who is not super rich. It's waaaaaaay too fucking expensive, the quality of education isn't that good, there's no fucking campus, housing is a rip, and you will constantly be surrounded by idiots (based off my experiences).

Definitely come to the U.S. (unless you're from Canada, if so, then just stay there the uni's are America-tier) if you can afford it but balance out cost/earning potential/living satisfaction as best you can.
>>
>>1009590
This guy is pretty based though.
>http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/
>>
>>1009590
>http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/
This. The top 10 B-school in the US are super fucking expensive. They're often over 80k a year. Some go up to 100k. B-school in the top tier are for wealthy kids who daddy pays the school for the school to get access to the family networks. This ain't STEM or Liberal arts where GPA and test scores matter. Just stay in your country or find a cheaper B-school.
>>
I got into NYU Stern:

3.3 unweighted GPA (like 3.9 or 4.0 weighted)
2220 SAT, 800 CR, 710math, 710writing)

Decided I wanted to be a doctor now Im in second year of medical school.
>>
>>1009808
>The top 10 B-school in the US are super fucking expensive. They're often over 80k a year. Some go up to 100k.
>How do I get into NYU Stern Undergrad?
>UNDERGRAD

Did you even read the title
>>
>>1009963
>EXPENSES AND NYC AND NYU TUITION
Mate dont talk if you dont know anything about the subject.
>>
>>1010089
Straight from NYU
Tuition and Mandatory Fees-$47,750
Room and Board-$17,580

>implying all top 10 undergrad bschools in US are in NYC
>implying your COL is over 30k a year at the undergrad level unless youre retarded
>implying my sister doesnt go to steinhardt
fuck outta here
>>
>>1009828
Who did you hire to take the SAT for you?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.