[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got my first job at a small auditing/accounting firm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
I just got my first job at a small auditing/accounting firm

what should I expect?
>>
>>1008369

What is your job at the firm?
>>
Will they teach you? Because I know a lot of small firms in the finance industry do not teach you, as they expect you to know everything already.

Anyway if this is your first job in this industry its pretty good as you'll learn a lot and it will be your foot in the door of the accounting industry

currently experience > academia
>>
>>1008369
lots of auditing and accounting
>>
File: shipment-of-fail.jpg (35 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
shipment-of-fail.jpg
35 KB, 500x349
>>1008386
also have fun with startups, startups usually hire smaller firms

watch the latte sipping 'aspiring entrepreneurs' break down into tears as they read their income statement

>pic related
>>
If you are working under the billable hours system expect it to suck. If you are just 9-5 salaried it will probably be pretty comfy. Small companies are great because less fucktard co-workers.
>>
>>1008404
>watch the latte sipping 'aspiring entrepreneurs' break down into tears as they read their income statement
Sounds comfy as fuck.
>>
>>1008603
Be sure to smile and say have a nice day.
>>
>>1008369
Is that guy on the left Martin Shkreli's father?
>>
>>1008754
That's David Mitchell
>>
>>1008369
Your hot mom got you the job?
>>
>>1008369
Expect to be given everyone's bitch work, but at the same time be exposed to alot.
That was my experience in a small company in a different industry.
>>
Pretty much exactly like the movie Office Space
>>
>>1008373
Entry level position in accounting, but since it's a small (but fast growing) firm I'm expected to help wherever needed and in a year or two handle my own clients.

>>1008404
This firm is only 6 people so far (but expecting to be ~20 within a year or two) and they specialize in owner-managed companies. Not sure whether or not they have a lot of startups tho.

>>1008461
It's fixed pay 9-5 and they told me they don't work devilish hours. Some weeks 35 hours, others 47 etc.

>>1008763
No, I got it myself.
>>
>>1009349
Where are you located?
>>
>>1008369
you need to work really hard and get as much stock as you possible can quickly
>>
>>1009369
stockholm

>>1009373
you mean stock as in shares or stock as in my own client base?
>>
Expect the following:

unprofessionalism
gossip
did i mention gossip?
doing meaningless tasks
"research projects"
shitty clients
Downright 100% shit clients
using shitty software
stupid people, REAL stupid people
people with MBAs from ITT
>>
>>1009503
Oh and 0 training, absolutely 0 training. You're getting shit and everything you "learn" is on the job
>>
You're better off starting out at a big4 desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 393x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 393x364
When I worked at a firm no one said hi, how was your weekend, etc. There were no jokes and coming in at 8:01 am or coming back from lunch at 1:01pm was a huge no-no. You had to be right on time or early. Partners never smiled and only ever approached you about work. Didn't give a shit about you or the fact you are a person outside work. Learned a lot, went through two tax seasons, said fuck you assholes and went to another job. After I quit so did a bunch of other people so I guess that says something. People with money are are hit or miss. Every partner had $ and were weirdos, whereas our highest net worth clients (a family worth +$300 million combined) were a 180. Super chill, generous people. Each person got us something for Christmas. They're just a client and they still did it. I was blown away. Got a $500 visa gift card from one dude just for working on one of his accounts, just because. Another one gave every employee a huge delicious Christmas ham. One family member gave us a HEB gift card that I used for gas so that was cool. I also got a Tiffany's crystal square holder thing. I have it on my bar in my house and put small candies in it for guests. I once went to the airport to pick up one of their trucks so when they got in they'd have a way to get around. Fully loaded truck of course. I get in and AC/DC starts blaring from the speakers. I was like holy shit this fucking loaded guy listens to AC/DC, gave me a big ass ham for Christmas when he's just a client not even one of our partners or anything. Our boss would never do that and just gave us $500 bonuses (taxed of course, so more like $200 something the prick). Didn't even bother to make it actually $500 net. Made me realize some people with money can be cool as shit while others with just a little money think they're hot shit/important and act all stuck up. I realized that day that money shouldn't make you a dick, and the partners at the firm were just assholes. Anyway good luck, and don't Jezz it up.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.