[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada Uni Discussions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
>accepted into uni from my place. Parents can pay tution but dont want me to get res. what do?

I got accepted into Laurier uni

it's a uni far away from my place. My parents can afford the tuition but not the residence costs and they are actually willing to move to the area (it's in waterloo, a ghost town) so they don't have to pay for my res.

Res is a place where you get to develop your social skills and distance yourself from becoming NEET, my worst nightmare. But my parents don't want that.

I talked to them about OSAP and but they still don't want it. In my opinion, the benefits weigh out the debt by a long shot. I get to socialize and network more and actually learn life skills and goals.

I understand where they are coming from though it makes sense, but I will be living my 20's in my parents house missing out on the years I'll never get back just because I wanted to avoid a 30k debt.

What do you guys think about this? How can I convince them?
>>
Do you not have your own money? Why not tell them you'll pay for res yourself lol, you can get co op and internships and work during the Winter break (seasonal jobs) and summer breaks.

You can easily net $20k a year canadian after taxes working just part time, or full time for 6 months of the year. (4 months off, 2 months breaks).
>>
>>1007892
Just do it anyway. Get a job, get OSAP loans.

Laurier is great and you'll have a blast banging hot sluts at Phil's.
>>
>>1007892
Living on res won't magically make you not autistic. It'll make it easier to be social but either way you'll make most of your friends in classes. Save money and just work on your social skills, there's plenty of people who live off campus at university and make friends/go to parties. You just have to accept that you won't be able to party every single night.

There's also a lot of shitty parts about res. Bad food, sharing bathrooms, no privacy, potentially forced to be around annoying people 24/7.
>>
>>1007901
Thanks man! yea I know I got early admission to my top choice its awesome.
>>1007900
Could you elaborate more? Also I have a question.Do the co-op and internships pay enough for me to be able to live in res and have fun? (read: parties and banging sloots) because desu, that is one of the main reasons i want to live in res in the first place.

Wow and seriously? working 6 months part-time can actually cover my res? if so, do you know how frequently I have to work per week? I'd appreciate it if you could shed some light on these questions.

>>1007922
You make perfect sense. A few pointers I'd like to point out is that is im not really autistic. im pretty normalfag and just recently broke up with my gf (even tho im posting about on a mongolian sewing board) and I kinda want to have those challenges with res because that's what transitions me from a man-child to a man you know?
>>
>>1007930
>Thanks man! yea I know I got early admission to my top choice its awesome.

If it's not BBA or Econ you messed up desu.
>>
>>1007930
>I kinda want to have those challenges with res
Just try to take on a more responsible role at home. Cook for yourself and keep your room/bathroom tidy. You'll live 10x more comfortably and learn more in the end. $30k in debt isn't worth living in shitty conditions just to be able to be social 24/7.

Once you get a co-op and make a bit of money then rent an apartment close to the campus or even go on res for a semester just so you get the experience.
>>
>>1007937
its BBA senpai.

>>1007938
that is a good alternative if worse comes to worst.
>>
>>1007892
This milfs thick waist is giving me a fuck off boner.
>>
>>1007900
>You can easily net $20k a year canadian after taxes working just part time, or full time for 6 months of the year. (4 months off, 2 months breaks).

Lol where and what job? In Quebec, getting a 20$/hour (equivalent to 40k a year for 2000 hours/year, in other words 50 weeks per year) without a degree is not particularly easy - it's pretty rare, actually. What job can I do without a degree that pays 20k in 6 months, besides dangerous Alberta oil? I'm genuinely interested.
>>
>>1008853
nicki minaj
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.