[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Minimum wage: $17.29 per hour So you can work at any Mcdonald's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Australia_Day.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1268) Image search: [Google]
Australia_Day.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1268
>Minimum wage: $17.29 per hour
So you can work at any Mcdonald's in Australia and be pocketing like $30k/year after taxes?
Am I seeing something wrong? I know the cost of living is higher but if you rent in a small town and are frugal, you can save a lot of money compared to my shithole euro country
>>
>>1006491
They don't accept McDonalds workers as immigrants. Don't even think about it.
>>
>>1006491
No.
You'll be lucky to pull in $10k
I work at Coles while at uni and I'm on track to make about $25k this financial year
But I'm payed at about $24 an hour.

Also maccas workers aren't on $17 an hour
They're on like $12
>>
>>1006491
Maccas mostly employs teenagers which get a % of the minimum wage. You only get the full 17.29 per hour at 21 years old. generally they will employ a fuck load of 16 year olds at $12 an hour and a handful of 20 year olds as managers(which generally worked there from 16)
>>
>>1006491
The average house price here is $900k. Let that sink in for a bit.
>>
>>1006620
So what jobs are you guaranteed to get at least $30k/year as a 21 year old?
>>
File: 90% of shit posters.png (63 KB, 836x981) Image search: [Google]
90% of shit posters.png
63 KB, 836x981
>>1006491
the Australian Dollar is not the same as the US Dollar.

there's a reason why Ausfalians pay $90 for a new video game while the US pays $50 for the same exact thing.
>>
>>1006625
Lol anything. Literally anything.
>>
>>1006621
yeah but believe it or not, rental is much more affordable with low paying jobs than here
>>
>>1006633
Also our dollar is so weak atm
>>
Dollar is indeed shit at the moment, minimum wage does however seem to be much better than other places.

Even when the dollar is good / when it was better than USD we still got rekt on everything, fuckin straya tax cunt
>>
>>1006610
>>1006620
WRONG
I worked at maccas last year. They pay retail rates at $23hr (im 23 years old). Get your facts straight.
>>1006633
it's more like $70 for a video game and thats if you go to eb games which is the most jewish video game store ever
>>
>>1006798
And I get the same as a junior business analyst

It's great!
>>
>>1006610
Minimum age is for minimum pays, You would have to be 13 to earn $12 an hour.

>Not just coming to Australia being a tradie and earning $100,000+ a year for doing fucking nothing at all.
>>
File: image.png (539 KB, 628x625) Image search: [Google]
image.png
539 KB, 628x625
AUS economy is gonna take a colossal shit anyway. China's demand for natural resources dropping = AUS is fucked
>>
>>1006491
>I know the cost of living is higher
Depending on where you are from, it is likely way higher than you are expecting it to be
>small town and are frugal
Small towns are rarely hiring so there are no jobs, not even min wage ones, to go. Those that exist will get snapped up by someone who grew up in that small town, or their kids, etc. - connections.
Plus, although rent is cheaper in a small town, the price of all other goods tends to be much higher.

On 30k you would struggle to get far in life, you'd definitely need one or two room mates to live anywhere reasonably close to your workplace. Just because we have a high minimum wage doesn't mean it's some rosy rich people easy-save utopia.
>>
You make even more in Swiss McDonalds.
>>
>>1007084
Too true. I recall in Geneva the counter girl that served me had Chanel earrings.
>>
>>1007084

Swissbro here. Restaurant jobs here are quite shitty (pay around 20 francs or even less), however fast food pays you 25, maybe more in Geneva. However price levels here are extremly high.

PS It's weird fast food pays you better than regular restaurants.
>>
>>1006621
are austrians too stupid to build more housing or what?
>>
From Norway here.

You can make decent working in McDonalds if you do 8hr shifts every day. I believe the hourly wage is about $15
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.