[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me /biz/ Why the fuck do most people come into work sick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 306x306
Do they not realise that they will just spread the disease faster and the business is going to overall lose out on lost productivity and profits in that period? Are people this fucking dumb just to show they are not "lazy" if they come into work with something like ebola or swine flu?
>>
>>1005722
Not working extra hard for Mr. Shekelberg's bottom line would mean you're a disgusting libcuck that's probably a closet communist. :^)
>>
>>1005722
dad always taught me a firm handshake, and the sicker i was, the harder i should work
>>
>>1005722
Two reasons:
1. Companies operating on the bare minimum of staff required, so that they cannot cope when someone is sick so that person needs to come in and work even though they should be at home resting;
2. Growing expectation that employees will work rain, hail, or shine unless they're so sick that they need to go to hospital
>>
>>1005732
I've gotten too used to having female bosses and giving soft handshakes because women apparently can't possibly give me a firm one.
>>
>>1005722
Because you don't get paid if you're not working (alot of people are financially struggling), and you can easily get fired for not showing up to work even if you are sick.
>>
>>1005736
>you can easily get fired for not showing up to work even if you are sick.

I really don't understand this. The business will lose out on a lot of productivity, concentration, morale and thereby profits will reduce in the long run due to this toxic culture.

Why are managers so fucking retarded?

Also how do I profit out of this retardness?
>>
>>1005779
Because your employees will take advantage of it. I was just thinking about this earlier today because where I work, you get in trouble clocking in even one minute late. If they said being up to 5 minutes late doesn't get you in trouble, what happens? People start showing up late. You give employees free days off, they'll take advantage of it when they aren't sick. You can ask for a doctor note but that is too tedious for most sicknesses.
>>
because most of the time, your boss will give you a hard time when you call in sick and tell you they need you, so you avoid the hassle and go
>>
They call them Battlers here in NZ. It's fucking disgusting. Checkout women get praise for coming in with the flu and coughing all over the food.

And we get paid sick leave.
>>
>>1005722
Are you stupid? You can get fired for missing work at most places, even when you are legitimately sick.
>>
>>1005736
>>1005779
>>1005797
Idk what kind of shit job at McDonalds you cucks are working at but anything even mildly resembling skilled work gives you plenty of mandatory sick days and your boss is quite reasonable and understands you are ill.
>>
>>1005735
> tfw my female manager have me a firm handshake and I instantly got an erection
and that's how I learned I'm pretty into femdom
>>
>>1006412
>Tfw my female manager kept telling me about her boyfriend and that's how i learned i was into cucking
>>
This thread is very lucid.

What I'm curious about is why OP doesn't realize this already.

>>1006405
I work for myself so I don't even know what PTO is, but I get the impression that a lot of firms/managers still frown on people taking all of their sick days in a year, or reward people who never stay home sick even if their overall performance is the same as someone else.
>>
File: 1436041381461.png (778 KB, 600x441) Image search: [Google]
1436041381461.png
778 KB, 600x441
>>1006399
>american worker policy
>>
>>1005722
>he doesn't have a job where he gets extensive paid time off

Might as well kill yourself pham, you're a wageslave
>>
>>1005722
>Dumb ass bosses who brag about not going to doc
>Come in sick and contagious
>>Upset when whole team sick and underperforming
>>
>tfw the standard at my company is unlimited sick days and do not come in to work if you're sick

Feels good.
>>
File: american office face smirk.jpg (10 KB, 324x278) Image search: [Google]
american office face smirk.jpg
10 KB, 324x278
>>1006391

So how's life working at Mt Albert Pak N Save?
>>
>>1006490
>when I was a teenager worked at the warehouse
>had to work with 50year olds who would work there for life
>they would chit chat about how after working for 20 years they get 'team discounts' for life and how great it is

So sad
>>
>>1006502
fucking pathetic lmao.

I've met people like this before. I think they legit mentally ill.

It's always the same too. Bitter, angry, unattractive women aged 40+ who have worked there for like 10 years and never look for anything more.
>>
>>1005722
If I am sick, I will go into work. I would still be sick laying at home doing nothing, so why not be sick at work and make money? it isn't about being lazy or working hard for me, it just about not losing money.
>>
>>1006502
>>1006513

Shit like this absolutely boggles my mind.

Most people are destined to be losers.
>>
File: 1407016214968.jpg (240 KB, 784x757) Image search: [Google]
1407016214968.jpg
240 KB, 784x757
>>1005722
Come in sick, still can do job.

>Get everyone else sick

>LOL

>poorpeople

>mfw
>>
>>1005722
>2016
>having a job you can't do from home
why?
>>
>>1005735
>because women apparently can't possibly give me a firm one
I am legitimately surprised when a female gives me a solid handshake, because I am so used to the limp-wristed, half-hand thing that they usually do. It's offputting.

But when they give me a solid handshake they win my respect.

You know what gives me the creeps, though? It's when guys have weak-ass handshakes. Disgusting.
>>
File: Borat_two-thumbs-up.jpg (13 KB, 248x320) Image search: [Google]
Borat_two-thumbs-up.jpg
13 KB, 248x320
>>1006825
t. homosexual man
Why would you want women to act like men? THAT' is what's really off-putting. For normal guys, at least.
>>
>>1006840
I'm talking about handshakes in a business setting. There are women in the corporate world, you know. We all shake hands before and after business deals. A solid handshake transfers confidence to the other person--making you look more trustworthy (armchair psychology, I know). When a woman gives a weak handshake, she'll seem immature, if not unreliable.

When a female gives a solid handshake, it makes her look professional, capable. It gives a good impression. It doesn't make her look like a butch lesbian, or a ftm transgender.

dumbshit...

Proceed to call me a faggot, please
>>
>>1006855
Spot on, although I usually modulate my handshake firmness down many a notch to compensate for the weak wimminz handshakes, so when they give me a firm one mine is comparatively limp and that's pretty annoying. Like bitch I'm trying to be considerate by not crushing your hand and you try to one up me on grip strength, you'd better hope we don't have to shake hands again or you'll get the claws of death.
>>
Well, the boss often wants you to report in sick.
>>
>>1006936
I mean, report in when you're sick. They prefer the appearance of hard work above actual productivity.
>>
>>1006855
I know that there are women in the corporate world. I work with a bunch of them. I'd much rather work with women who aren't insecure about being women then ones who want to be men. Thankfully all the ones I work with are normal.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.