[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bpg/ - Beating Procrastination General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Procrastination.jpg (673 KB, 1915x1201) Image search: [Google]
Procrastination.jpg
673 KB, 1915x1201
Share tips, infographics, techniques and stories (good and bad ones).

I got inspired to make this thread when I realized that a small modification to the pomodoro technique made it more effective to me: I decreased work chunks from 25m to 15m and the first chunk of any work period is fully dedicated to just LOOKING at what I have to do. I don’t force myself to start right away. It’s not easy to even face that to-do list, but once I do it gets easier to start working

I believe procrastination is a mental illness, like depression or addiction, but doesn’t get the attention it deserves except mainly from self-help gurus who exploit people desperate to fix their lives

Since it can take such a heavy toll on your professional life, I think /biz/ is the ideal board to have this general. Let’s get out of this well together.

#=======Resources=======#

Why Procrastinators Procrastinate —> Great text about how it feels to be a chronic procrastinator and what it does to your life
Part 1: http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html

Part 2: http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/11/how-to-beat-procrastination.html

Part 3: http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/03/procrastination-matrix.html

The Pomodoro Technique —> Simple and effective (for some) technique to get a better grip on your time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMWyG6enXxE
>>
Stop making fucking cancer general threads

It ruins every fucking board and spawns too many tripniggers

Go to Reddit if you want a subreddit
>>
>>1003427
rude.
>>
pomodoro

JFDI - Just fucking do it

Hustle Muscle - build it
>>
>>1003427
>being a crab
lmao
>>
As someone who, in high school, started 2-page english papers literally 20 minutes before they were due (and get a not shit grade), I can definitely diagnose myself as a procrastinator. Over time I've come to realize this is a huge problem, especially since I just failed one of my college classes.
I've come up with a lot of small remedies to help me focus while studying, such as setting timers for tasks, listening to white noise or light rock music, and sipping caffeine.
But I think these measures are bandaids over larger problems I have, such as low self esteem, terribly inconsistent sleep, exercise and work schedules, and general anxiety.
Any thoughts on the root causes of procrastination, and how to fix them?
>>
>>1003422
Yeh modified pomodoro got me through nursing school. 4 x 25 before a real break is asking too much
>>
>>1003422
I learnt to ejaculate prematurely. It's saved loads of time.
>>
File: 17945290284_7352b9dfce_z.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
17945290284_7352b9dfce_z.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
>>1004904
damn son
>>
>>1004930
Is this shit legal? Is is safe to take?
>>
>>1003422
I think the most important rule of beating procastination is not breaking you own rules, but how?
>>
Dang OP, that's good info... Describes my bullshit perfectly.

Can adderall kill the monkey?
>>
File: 1449553868968.gif (2 MB, 186x183) Image search: [Google]
1449553868968.gif
2 MB, 186x183
>>1004904
>loads of time
>>
But what about procrasturbation?
>>
>>1004974
Download some PDFs and learn about ETFs it will probably take you less than a day.
>>
Why is the majority of the world filled with procrastinators ?
>>
>>1003427
each general that's being created has the potential to kill another bitcoin thread
>>
>>1004730
What is your method like?
>>
I'm procrastinating ITT.
>>
>ritalin
>adderall
>atomoxetine

Discipline gets you only so far. Especially for undiagnosed add.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.