[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting a Business
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: nsa backup meme.png (167 KB, 553x367) Image search: [Google]
nsa backup meme.png
167 KB, 553x367
So I live in Canada and I was doing some assignments for an Entrepreneurship class and I just found a bunch of grants for Canadians that they can use to start or buy a business.. Like, in total you can get over $100,000 just to "start" your business from different government agencies, as well as some government affiliated community agencies.

So, now that funding is there, and I have the capital to start, what are some simple easy to run businesses that I could start or buy?

I was thinking of a Pizza store or a Lounge, or a combination of the two... With live music (High School / University Bands) who are desperate for gigs.

Think something like this could work? Would be started in the GTA in Ontario. (Greater Toronto Area).

Never knew it was this simple and there was so much money available lol!
>>
>>1002621
Why don't you just take the grants for a fake business and then not return them?

Or take them and cook the books to pretend your business fucked up while pocketing the shekels?
>>
>>1002627

Because I'd rather use the shekels to make continuous long term shekels generating shekels shekels than just taking some shekels and blowing it on cocaine

INCOME GENERATING, NOT INCOME LOSING
>>
>>1002629
Open a kebab shop that also sells ak-47's
>>
>>1002621
I would personally avoid going pizza/venues or at least being married to the idea. A lot of the places where these places are profitable in theory are highly saturated. Also, the people who go to shows where college bands play at aren't infested with perishing lolly. Find a niche that isn't being filled in terms of night life or food.

Target college towns, especially those known for having a more active social/expensive culture. I don't know the equivalent in Canada/GTA, but don't set up near MIT when Harvard or BU is right next door.
>>
>>1002621
$100,000 isn't enough to start a proper food business in Toronto.

The restaurant business is generally very shitty, but if you figure out a good business model you can make it work. I make pizza as a hobby and have looked deeply into opening a pizza shop, and a "build your own" (subway style) take out/eat in restaurant is probably the easiest to make profitable. Only need 5~ employees working at peak hours in a busy city, people will ignore you cheaping out on toppings/cheese because of the trendy atmosphere and build your own pizza gimmick. It's their fault if it tastes bad if they put any odd toppings on it.

A lounge style restaurant with live music is a bad idea. You're trying to open your restaurant up to as many people as possible and a lot of people are put off by teenagers playing shitty music. Live music only really has a place in pubs and hipster coffee shops.
>>
>>1002621
Hey man where can you find all these grants?I could use some of those grants at the moment.
>>
>>1004066
same btw.

I could use some grants to fund my ampethamine addiction right about now.
>>
>>1002621
Actually am a serious poster, i live around the gta and have been trying to find ways of funding my own startup and this seems like a good route.
>>
>>1002621
Unless if its a food truck, $100k is nothing to start businesses with. You should return the money m8.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.