[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here ever lied their way into a job? What kind of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Liar-Liar.jpg (249 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
Liar-Liar.jpg
249 KB, 800x445
Has anybody here ever lied their way into a job? What kind of lies did you tell? What was the job? Did everything work out in the end? Has this ever backfired on you?
>>
>>1002476
Yes
Many
Can't say
Yes
No
>>
>>1002476

Yes.
I care about this company and will be loyal no matter what.
Retail and then clerical work.
Of course. I jewed on them like a dirty mercenary would when a better offer came along.
No. Everyone always believes that you'll be loyal, when no one is loyal to anyone in this job market.
>>
>>1002476
Corps lie all the time to get the edge.
Even the playing field by lying back. Sit through all the bullshit "team player" nonsense they shove down your throat with a fake smile, then if something better comes along, drop them like a sack of rocks.
>>
final bump
>>
>>1002476
Why do we even have a thread on this shit, anyway? I know lots of people lie to get their dream jobs in this cutthroat environment but wouldn't people be snooping on /biz/ and tracking IDs?
>>
Im pretty honest the only thing i cheese on is my last salary. I always want way more. It usually doesnt work for me anyway.
>>
>Has anybody here ever lied their way into a job?
Yes, today actually. I had a job interview at a small accounting firm, a side job for extra income, still in college, Accounting. Job interviewer was really interested in hiring me, asked me if I had any more applications ongoing.

>I said yea, 2 more.
>Not true.
>Hired me on the spot.
>Finally a job, after 3 months of searching.

It was just a reflex, to make it look like people were interested in hiring me.

Other than that I don't think so.
>>
>>1005142
In fact I'd be willing to say that if you didn't do this you are dumb.

It's not really much of an outright lie, it's not like you lied about your credentials or forged documents or something but it helped you significantly.
>>
It's okay to lie to HR, they're lying to you as well about your job description so just fuck them back.
>>
The only thing I've lied about is my GPA, just to get that 'extra' point on my checklist, to make myself look better. The requirements for being a candidate stated "3.0 GPA and above". I downloaded an unofficial transcript and manipulated my grades with photoshop software to make my GPA 3.04. Just above the mark. It worked.
>>
>>1005142
Nice. Good to show you're not desperate even if you were.
>>
>>1005142
Man, I graduated and still can't get a job.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.