[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Start-Up Thread I started a small music & entertainment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: shark.jpg (40 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
shark.jpg
40 KB, 728x546
Start-Up Thread

I started a small music & entertainment company four years ago and only within the last year and a half things have kicked off. I have a growing team, a partnership deal with a major label, solid musical acts from across the country and the globe, and an entertainment network that most people would kill for.

The problem is - we haven't made any solid money yet, at least nothing to make a big deal over. I have this anxiety about taking things to the next level, a sort of panic that keeps me procrastinating and unfocused. Any advice or similar stories?
>>
Any other start-ups out there?
>>
>>1000421
Sorry, this board is only for bitcoin pyramid schemes and how to get rich in 1 day questions.
>>
>>1000530
Damn, I thought /biz/ was better than that
>>
>>1000560
No, polls showed that more than 50% is neet over here (including me)

Sorry bro
>>
>>1000421
>I have this anxiety about taking things to the next level, a sort of panic that keeps me procrastinating and unfocused.
How strapped for money are you? Are you making profits, losing money, or just kind of in a no-profit limbo?

If you're anxious because the "next level" will be too much of a managerial burden for you, you're probably right and will need to hire out even more additional memebers
>>
>>1000580
I have a two-day a week side job as a tutor for my old University for the Management/Accounting students so that plus optional overtime get's me by fine - plus a good amount of savings.

I would say the company is in a no-profit limbo. One could even say that I have a slight fear of taking things to the next level and being afraid of failure, even though the "board is set" so to speak.
>>
>>1000580
>you're probably right and will need to hire out even more additional memebers

This is what I'm currently working on. Training my 2nd in command and searching for interns.
>>
I'm thinking about starting a project but I realized that it would take a lot more than just a basement operation. I wanted to start manufacturing cheap 3d printers for people as an introduction to the process. Similar to the idea of Arduino or Rasberry-pi being for students or people who want to learn about electronics. I thought of maybe including it in a "build it your own" kind of way so people can learn about electronics more. The main problem is that some of the part would require actual manufacturing operations in order to realistically make these printers cheap. I though about maybe looking around on Chinese wholesalers or something. Any advice or support would be very helpful. A friend of mine tried starting a music company too OP.
>>
>>1000594
>I have a slight fear of taking things to the next level and being afraid of failure
I'd hate to sound really cliche, but I'm just gonna do it anyways.
You need to set that fear aside, especially if your gut feeling is telling you to jump for it, but the fear of losing what you built is keeping you back. There might be a few examples of lucky one-hit-wonders that thought of great products and cashed out, but those are more rare than failing plenty of times early, and finally hitting the mark after a lot of painful attempts.

You're in a pretty key position already, since you already have a foundation - you just need to push that through and apply your heart and soul into it. Obviously stagnating in this limbo won't get you anywhere, but you're not doing something wrong if you aren't losing a bunch of money, so why not go for it?

If it doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world. At least you've got some great experience to apply to the next idea. If it does work out, give me some records for helping you out ;).
>>
>>1000611
And just a side note - By "experience" I mean, if it doesn't work out, learn exactly what happened, why it happened, what you should have done, and what you will promise to yourself you won't do next time.

This is the difference between shooting in the dark, and making educated guesses.
>>
>>1000611
>If it doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world. At least you've got some great experience to apply to the next idea. If it does work out, give me some records for helping you out ;).

You'd be surprised how much cheesy words of encouragement actually work. Thank you, anon.

>>1000607
How did your friend do?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.