[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is the good time to start a company?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Titan-crystal_bar.jpg (1 MB, 2997x1989) Image search: [Google]
Titan-crystal_bar.jpg
1 MB, 2997x1989
>Pic unrelated
I have a pretty fucking awesome idea to replace advertisements(which will also kill data mining in theory). It doesn't matter what it is for this discussion, just think that my solution is a true alternative for display, search and native advertising.

Do I launch my company NOW or wait till advertising is at its peak and users are sick of intrusive advertising? With microshit rolling out windows 10 aggressively data-mining and personalizing ads I think I should wait a bit till more people are sick of seeing ads.

Any ideas? I've been using increasing number of adblock users to gauge how many people are "unsatisfied" with ads on free services. No, my idea is not a paid system like youtube red. Its completely different, and this does not involve any personal information.

TLDR
>advertising + data mining successor
>OP cannot into timing
>Launch product now or wait till ads go out of control
>>
>>1000408
Build your infrastructure, line up your connections, and network for the next year. Launch when you're capable of taking your company to it's peak within a year.
>>
>>1000408
You should be able to easily pool 10-15M in investments if your idea is anything close to what you're saying.
>>
Develop a thorough understanding of your market and the players involved. You're talking about bankrupting some of the richest people in the world, my investment strategist's cousin who is a multi billionaire had his baby stolen and ransomed, the kid wasn't returned. My IS's own kid has almost been kidnapped twice. Tie down your weak points and prepare for a shitstorm.
>>
>>1000408
Develop a fully fleshed out business plan showcasing how you're going to reach your market, where exactly all of the invested money is being distributed to, and most importantly how their going to have a return on their investment.
>>
>>1000429
>>1000433
>>1000440
>>1000444
Did you really need to post 4 times?
>>
>>1000433
Should I present this at my uni's startup week? I really want to kick it off as soon as possible, but I fear investors want me to launch this ASAP instead of timing it properly.

I'm basing the timing idea from the e-cig business. An american doctor invented vapor nic delivery system before the Chinese dude(who is credited for modern e-cig) but his idea was way a head of time.

I have the desktop platform ready, just need to figure out mobile platform(hint mobile datacaps are cock-blocking the shit out of me atm).

Despite how I sound, I think I can be a google employee due to my credentials oversees when i graduate. I could sell my idea to google when advertising market is at its peak
>>
>>1000448
Yeah.
>>
>>1000408
>wait a bit till more people are sick of seeing ads.

I haven't seen ads in like 4 years thanks to adblock and noscript. whenever I see ad threads I just filter the keyword.
>>
>>1000450

Try not to steer towards hypothetical routes involving you selling you company to Google. How close are you to having your infrastructure flesh out in at least documentation? Have you put together a business plan yet?

Uni Startups can be amazing, however a lot of the time great ideas will be swept under the rug or potentially stolen if the proper security measures aren't taken by naive entrepreneurs. I'm guessing your idea has something to do with delivering the concept of advertising in a different way?

Successfully starting any kind of business is all about capital and who you know. Don't try to jump the gun and end up like that chinese dude because you aren't properly prepared.
>>
>>1000459
I feared someone might steal my idea at uni startup even though there is a policy that any idea shared at the startup week will not leave the conference.

Sorry, my wording is poor. American invented e-cig before the Chinese. Chinese doctor who "invented ecig" is more successful than the original inventor. When the chinese doctor presented his e-cig idea, smoking was at peak.

My idea is to completely kill ads an datamining. These two go in hand in hand, but I have a platform for content creators to get paid the same amount(like ads, more users will boost revenue significantly(geometric increase)) without resorting to ads. This means spotify, netflix, youtube, twitch, and online news can integrate my platform instead of advertisement.

Users will never have to download adblock, or see ads of anykind in content. BUT, I can't tell you why but mobile is a huge headache atm. I've tested my platform in my uni comsci lab and it works flawless. Much like ads, I need publisher equivalent for my idea but I can't seem to find a fair agreement for both users and publishers(not ads, but I cant reveal any more ideas sorry man)
>>
>>1000478
No prob. You seem to have a good understanding of what you're developing. Don't sell it out to a major corporation when you can earn yourself a place in the billionaires club.
>>
>>1000478

your idea sounds retarded

> duhh ill charge people to access my platform instead of posting ads cos everyone wants to pay out of their own pocket and whole interwebs will get paid the same amount
>>
>>1000619
This is why you aren't successful.
>>
Looks like one of my shits got chrome plated

What is that OP?
>>
>>1000763

ah yes thats why, and neither are you
>>
>>1000408
Is it... Dogecoin microtransactions?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.